How to use HTML Container widget

Use this board to ask questions or have discussions with other Rich Displays users.
UPI
Profound User
First Name: Thomas
Last Name: Garvey
Company Name: Unbeaten Path International

How to use HTML Container widget

Post by UPI »

I need a display field that will contain text populated within my RPG program. This field must automatically wrap text for me. I've tried using the 'Wrapping Text' common widget and binding it to an RPG field, then populating that bound field within my RPG. However, when displayed at execution time, the field displays as the 'Lorem ipsum...' stuff.

The field type in the widget properties describes this field as 'html container'. Am I to understand that I must populate this field in my RPG with HTML code? If so, what would it look like? <head>, <div>, <table> ?????? I haven't seen an example of this field in the PUISAMPLES. Is there one?
Alex
Profound Logic Staff Member
First Name: Alex
Last Name: Roytman
Company Name: Profound Logic Software

Re: How to use HTML Container widget

Post by Alex »

Are you binding the "value" property of the HTML Widget? The HTML Widget uses the "html" property, not the "value" property.

This is by no means required, but you can include HTML formatting and use HTML tags when populating this widget.
UPI
Profound User

Post by UPI »

I tried that and something else went wrong.
The record format that contains the field I was trying to use as HTML container is in a display file that has another record format with tab panels. With no other changes to the display file than the html field in the other record format, the tab panels no longer display in their record format. Nothing looks different in the Visual Designer for the record format with the tab panels. What could be going wrong here?
UPI
Profound User

Post by UPI »

Further info...
It appears to strictly be a display issue, because I can put the program in debug and force the correct tab contents to display (by changing the ActiveTab field value); it's just the tabs at the top of the panel (that would allow navigation from tab to tab) that don't display or function.
Any ideas?
Alex

Post by Alex »

Are you overlaying the 2 formats, or are they displayed separately from each other?
UPI
Profound User

Post by UPI »

They are separately displayed, and can not be displayed together. One gets displayed if a history record exists (this is the one that I was interested in wrapping text field for). The other, with tab panels, is displayed when no history exists yet.
I've stepped through in debug and there is no crossover or multiple exfmt's. As I said, I can force each tab panel to display by forcing the ActiveTab property field to contain the proper value, but the tabs at the top of the display just aren't there, so the user can't click on the tabs.
I even tried adding a tab in Visual Designer and recompiled everything, to no avail.
Alex

Post by Alex »

I am not sure what's happening there. Can you attach the DDS source or send it to support@profoundlogic.com? Thanks.
UPI
Profound User

Post by UPI »

The QDDSSRC member is attached as a .txt file
Attachments
nhevtmsg.txt
here's the DDS for the display file.
(60.73 KiB) Downloaded 887 times
Alex

Post by Alex »

I see that the Tab Panel's visibility is conditioned on an indicator named visSetSens. Is this indicator set to *On when you run the application?
UPI
Profound User

Post by UPI »

No, it isn't. That indicator was supposed to control the appearance of a small group of entry values and related text values. One of those text fields was deleted from the record format. Somehow that visibility property got transferred to the record format? The record format NEVER had a field bound to its visibility.
Thanks for your help. Now I can get back to the html field.