File Upload to IFS using ProfoundUI

Use this board to ask questions or have discussions with other Rich Displays users.
RichDotson
Profound User
First Name: Rich
Last Name: Dotson
Company Name: Wheeling & Lake Erie Rail
State / Province: Ohio

File Upload to IFS using ProfoundUI

Post by RichDotson »

I have a request to allow the user to upload files to the IFS from one of the screens that I have developed in ProfoundUI. Is there a way to do this? I searched the forum and received matches for RPGsp but nothing for ProfoundUI.
Brian
Profound Logic Staff Member
First Name: Brian
Last Name: May
Company Name: Profound Logic Software

Re: File Upload to IFS using ProfoundUI

Post by Brian »

Unfortunately, we do not currently have a premade widget to allow a file upload.

A file upload is a very common type of form. If you search the internet, you will find many examples. There are two basic components, the html form and a cgi program. The html form is actually very simple. Just a normal <form> with an <input> element with type="file". The trick is writing the cgi program. If you have PHP or Java skills in your shop, there are plenty of examples on the internet.

If not, the CGI programming can be done RPG. If you need help in writing such a program, you can refer to http://www.easy400.net/fupload/html/page2.htm

Once you have the CGI working, you can link to the CGI program using a hyperlink or button on your ProfoundUI screen.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.