Bypassing the "Your Session Has Ended" prompt.

Use this board to ask questions or have discussions with other Rich Displays users.
nascar88
Profound User
First Name: Bob
Last Name: Steach
Company Name: APHA

Bypassing the "Your Session Has Ended" prompt.

Post by nascar88 »

Can I bypass the prompt "Your Session Has Ended" when my program is closed ?
Greg
Profound User
First Name: Greg
Last Name: Sears
Company Name: Profound Logic
Phone: 937-439-7925
Address 1: 562 Congress Park
City: Dayton
State / Province: Ohio
Zip / Postal Code: 45459

Re: Bypassing the "Your Session Has Ended" prompt.

Post by Greg »

This screen is a record format in display file PUISCREENS. The source for this is in PROFOUNDUI/QDDSSRC,PUISCREENS and you are able to modify and re-compile this source.

Open this source member in the designer and select the correct record format (EOJSCRN) and (TIMOUTSCRN) and change the onload property.

Add window.close(); to the end of the existing content. It will look like this:

pui.confirmOnClose = false; pui.shutdownOnClose = false; window.close();

compile the display file.

Three important issues:

1. Do not delete or change any bound fields. This will cause a level check error and you will be locked out of Profound UI.

2. Whenever you install an update to Profound UI, the source member in PROFOUNDUI/QDDSSRC is replaced. So, you’ll need to use your own copy of the source member. There shouldn’t be any need to recompile the object after the update.

3. This change will be global across the http instance. If you want this screen to behave this way for only the anonymous users, you will need to install another copy of Profound UI (for use by anonymous users) and modify the display file for this new instance only.

Let me know if this helps.