response time on subfile screens

Use this board to ask questions or have discussions with other Rich Displays users.
grmarks
Profound User
First Name: Glenn
Last Name: Marks
Company Name: Pacific Brands

response time on subfile screens

Post by grmarks »

I am on IBM I V7R1 and PUI 2.2.7 but am using the NON OA trial tool.
I have an app that takes 1.5 seconds to display a green screen subfile but in PUI it takes 1.5 minutes !
It is loading about 1800 subfile records and it would seem the transfer of this data to the web browser is whats taking the time as all other screens are, virtually, instant response.

Is there any configuration that I need to check or can set to speed this up ?

Can the GUI be configured to deliver, say, 200 subfile records at a time - that is 200 and put the screen, then when you roll and reach 200 it sends 200 more etc even when the RPG is building the entire subfile at once ?
Bryan641
Profound User
First Name: Bryan
Last Name: Leaman
Company Name: InVue Security
Phone: 704-752-6513 x221
Address 1: 15015 Lancaster Hwy
City: Charlotte
State / Province: North Carolina
Zip / Postal Code: 28277

Re: response time on subfile screens

Post by Bryan641 »

I'm not with Profound Logic, but what you describe sounds like an experience a co-worker had a while back where it turned out there was a routing issue within his network. Green-screens work off an existing connection, so they seemed to work fine, but with multiple requests back to the server for portions of a web page, anything on the web server was taking an inordinate amount of time.

I think in my friends case, an obsolete domain name was still being referenced somewhere, and I'm not sure it was even on his POWER system (AS/400).

--Bryan
chris_rover
Profound User
First Name: christopher
Last Name: williams
Company Name: banks dih limited
Phone: 592-226-9584
Address 1: thirst park
Address 2: ruimveldt
City: gerogetown
State / Province: Outside Canada/USA
Zip / Postal Code: 0000

Post by chris_rover »

Hi guys,
I too am not from Profoundui, but i think the loading of 200 records at a time can be handled in the rpg code. I have done serveral programs like that. I think it'll speed up the profoundui output too.
grmarks
Profound User
First Name: Glenn
Last Name: Marks
Company Name: Pacific Brands

Post by grmarks »

Thanks for the feedback guys.
Brian641 did this network issue affect non subfile screens response times ? My non subfile screens are instant - just like a green screen.

chris_rover yep I know I can re-write 3000 programs to send 100-200 pages at a time but its not practical for a conversion. Because response is so good from screen to screen (with no subfile or small subfiles) I am hoping that there is some config. problem