Custom login screen

Use this board to ask questions or have discussions with other Atrium users.
ahenderson
New User
First Name: Aaron
Last Name: Henderson
Company Name: Bass Enterprises
Phone: 8173397218
City: Fort Worth
State / Province: Texas
Zip / Postal Code: 76102

Custom login screen

Post by ahenderson »

Is there a way to alter the default Atrium login screen? I just want to alter the .png background and move the location of the input fields. What is the best way to accomplish this?
David
Profound Logic Staff Member
First Name: David
Last Name: Russo
Company Name: Profound Logic Software

Re: Custom login screen

Post by David »

It is not currently possible to move the location of the input fields, although the .png background image can be modified or replaced.

The image file it's using is located at /www/profoundui/htdocs/profoundui/proddata/images/atrium_login.png
joerattz
New User
First Name: Joe
Last Name: Rattz
Company Name: Genuine Parts Company

Post by joerattz »

Is there an ability to change anything else with the Atrium login page, like the background color or to specify or edit a stylesheet? When I look at the page's source, the styles are embedded. I am hoping there is a way to specify a stylesheet.
David

Post by David »

If you are using Profound UI version 3 or higher, the Atrium sign on page is done differently now.

It's actually an external HTML file located at:

/www/profoundui/htdocs/profoundui/userdata/html/atrium_login.html

This page is "yours" to do with as you want -- you can change the content, link in style sheets, whatever you need.

Since all files shipped with the product are overwrittne on product update, I would actually recommend making a copy of this file and working from there. You can copy it into the same directory, but with a different name.

To make the standard /profoundui/atrium link work with your custom page, you'll need to remap that URL in the Apache configuration file.

Of course, then you'll need to be mindful of instructing the installer not to overwrite your http configuration when you are updating the product.
David

Post by David »

The only thing you don't want to change in there are the HTML element ids, the script tag for the "signon.js" file, and the "onload" function call.

These are used to make the page actually work, and cannot be changed.

However, you are free to change the layout of the HTML and also anything having to do with CSS/styling.