Rendering IFS document in HTML container using <embed>

Use this board to ask questions or have discussions with other Rich Displays users.
bkbbrock59
New User
First Name: Brian
Last Name: Brock
Company Name: KLLM
Phone: 6012080813
Address 1: 37 Lamplighter Rd
City: Pearl
State / Province: Mississippi
Zip / Postal Code: 39208

Rendering IFS document in HTML container using <embed>

Post by bkbbrock59 »

So I am playing around with the HTML container exploring options for rendering pdf documents on a screen that will also host other data. I first used the QSYS-owned folder /tmp and book. The document opened and filled the container and the integrated pdf reader functioned perfectly. So, I created a folder that will receive documents from which the new screen will pull. I created a share on the folder and duplicated the authority to match the tmp folder. I also checked the document in both folders to make sure the permissions matched. But for the life of me, I cannot get the document to render from the new folder I created.

Works for "tmp" but not "twscans":
Mainscreen.content = '<embed src="//kllmsys/twscans/RE.PDF" style="width: 100%; height: 100%;" ></embed>';
bkbbrock59
New User

Re: Rendering IFS document in HTML container using <embed>

Post by bkbbrock59 »

Is "d o c u m e n t" a dirty word? seems to have been redacted.
Emily
Profound Logic Staff Member
First Name: Emily
Last Name: Seage
Company Name: Profound Logic

Post by Emily »

Hi bkbbrock59,

It's difficult to say why this isn't working without reproducing the same problem that you're having on our end. The best way to figure out what might be causing this issue is to look at the browser's developer tools to see if there are any error messages related to this. Typically if the browser is having troubles showing/displaying a PDF on screen, there will be messages in the Console tab in the dev tools.

We hope this helps!
Emily Seage
Support Team Lead
bkbbrock59
New User

Post by bkbbrock59 »

Hi Emily!

I've been using the developer tool in Chrome to look at the errors. It's a 404 that is getting returned so I suspect this may be a system restriction but I've been unable to get around it. I've added *RWX permissions to the folder for QTMHTTP and QTMHTTP1 and that didn't make a difference. I was hoping maybe there was a configuration setting I was missing in Profoundui that restricts access to files in the IFS. I'm going to keep digging. thx!

Brian Brock
KLLM