Date Field exiting before full entry

Use this board to ask questions or have discussions with other Genie users.
sunny
Profound User
First Name: Sunny
Last Name: Krowski
Company Name: United Cerebral Palsy Arkansas
Phone: (501) 224-6067
Address 1: 9720 N Rodney Parham Rd
City: Little Rock
State / Province: Arkansas
Zip / Postal Code: 72227

Date Field exiting before full entry

Post by sunny »

I have a file with a date in it. It is defined at *ISO in the DDS.

In the Genie screen,
widget type is date field
date format is YYYY-MM-DD
input type is date

The field shows on the screen MM/DD/YYYY which is great so the user can enter the date as a normal date and it saves as YYYY-MM-DD which is how I want it to save. But, when I enter into the field, after entering 1 digit into the month the cursor jumps to the next field and does not allow a second digit and doesn't go to the day or year. If I click back into the field in the position of the month again it allows me to only enter one digit into the month then it jumps to the next field. I then click back into the field to the year but it only allow me to enter 1 digit and then jumps to the next field and leaves the year as 0002.

I just changed the date from a 6 decimal field to a date field in the DDS and had to completely recreate the Genie screen.

Any help is appreciated.
Scott Klement
Experienced User
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Klement
Company Name: Profound Logic
City: Milwaukee
State / Province: Wisconsin

Re: Date Field exiting before full entry

Post by Scott Klement »

Can you please provide the DDS for the screen?
sunny
Profound User
First Name: Sunny
Last Name: Krowski
Company Name: United Cerebral Palsy Arkansas
Phone: (501) 224-6067
Address 1: 9720 N Rodney Parham Rd
City: Little Rock
State / Province: Arkansas
Zip / Postal Code: 72227

Post by sunny »

I have attached the DDS and the Genie screen.

On the dates, I can only enter the first digit and then it jumps.
Attachments
2021-09-20 08_38_11-Window.png
2021-09-20 08_38_11-Window.png (20.78 KiB) Viewed 2584 times
2021-09-20 08_34_01-Window.png
2021-09-20 08_34_01-Window.png (10.99 KiB) Viewed 2584 times
Scott Klement
Experienced User
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Klement
Company Name: Profound Logic
City: Milwaukee
State / Province: Wisconsin

Post by Scott Klement »

Hi Sunny,

We tried setting up a display with a date field (like the ones in your screenshot) but were unable to reproduce the problem. We were able to type into the entire date field, as expected.

In order for us to help you further, we're going to need detailed information about how to reproduce the problem. It's up to you whether you wish to proceed to discuss this here, in public, or whether it'd work better to discuss it in private with the Profound Support team.

If you'd like to continue, this is what would help:

1) In the Genie Administrator, click on your skin (in the Navigation on the left-side of the screen), then choose the "Configuration" option. Then, in the ribbon at the top of the screen, click "Download skin". This will download a .ZIP file containing your entire Genie skin with all of its settings.

2) Navigate to one of the screens where you are having this problem, and press Ctrl-F9 on your keyboard. This will download a file named json.txt to your PC that contains the instructions that the Genie skin used to draw that particular screen.

Send both of these files (the zipped skin and the json.txt) to us so that we can understand the problem better.

You may upload them to a forum message as "Attachments" (use the "Attachments" tab beneath the message editor) if you wish, but please be advised that these forums are public, so all of your Genie skin information would be available to the public if you did this. If there's anything private, you should not use this option.

Alternately, you may e-mail them to Profound Logic Support at support@profoundlogic.com. This way, it will only be visible to Profound Logic staff (including myself.) If you do this, make sure you provide a link to the forum message so they understand which discussion the files were related to.