How android APK's connect to Profound?

Use this board for starting discussions, asking questions, and giving advice on Web programming for the IBM i platform (and predecessors.)
Theju112
Profound User
First Name: Thej
Last Name: Pav
Company Name: Confidential
Phone: 00918310800134
Address 1: Chennai
Address 2: India
City: Chennai
State / Province: Outside Canada/USA
Zip / Postal Code: 673592

How android APK's connect to Profound?

Post by Theju112 »

Hi All,

Before beginning my question, I would like to tell that coming from an RPG background, my knowledge web development is very minimal.
However, I have now been fortunate enough to get into a company that uses Profound UI and get introduced to web programming through using the beautiful profound UI interface.
However, I am having beginner issues when trying to understand how the elements of a mobile android app designed with Profound are connected with each other.

So we have an APK that is built through Phonegap. If I understand correctly, Phonegap allows development of mobile apps through web tech (HTML, CSS and JS) while performing similar to apps built using native mobile technology.

So I have this folder which contains the APK elements (node modules, node modules, html files, css and js files) from where the APK is built.

I am trying to understand how the APK is pulling up the screens that were built with profoundui. I have skimmed through several HTML files but I could not really find any of the screens we created. Can anyone help me with general info on what actually the APK file would contain and where I can see code which connects it to the profound elements.
Scott Klement
Experienced User
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Klement
Company Name: Profound Logic
City: Milwaukee
State / Province: Wisconsin

Re: How android APK's connect to Profound?

Post by Scott Klement »

We have documentation on how to connect with PhoneGap here:
https://docs.profoundlogic.com/display/ ... h+PhoneGap

You'll notice in the documentation you set up pui["serverURL"], which is an HTTP or HTTPS URL that points to your Profound UI instance on IBM i. That is how it accesses your screens.