QUHDSPH in ProfoundUI

Use this board for starting discussions, asking questions, and giving advice on RPG programming for the IBM i platform (and predecessors.)
mjavier
New User
First Name: Mario
Last Name: Javier
Company Name: Trimble
Phone: 440-721-2890
Address 1: 6350 Quadrangle Dr.
Address 2: Suite 300
City: Chapel Hill
State / Province: North Carolina
Zip / Postal Code: 27517

QUHDSPH in ProfoundUI

Post by mjavier »

I have searched the Forum regarding QUHDSPH with no success. I am hoping that someone can help me out with my issue.

We have a program to dynamically display Help Panel Group by calling IBMi API "QUHDSPH" and passing the Panel Group Member parameter. This works great on the green screen but it is ignored when running in ProfoundUI.

Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated. Thanks.
Scott Klement
Experienced User
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Klement
Company Name: Profound Logic
City: Milwaukee
State / Province: Wisconsin

Re: QUHDSPH in ProfoundUI

Post by Scott Klement »

I took a quick look at the manual page for QUHDSPH (I've not used this before). It sounds like this is an IBM API that generates a 5250 (green-screen) help panel.

If you run this in Genie, I'd expect it to work. If its not, please contact our support department support@profoundlogic.com and provide sufficient details to reproduce the problem so that we can take a look and understand what's happening.

If you're outside Genie, then the reason its failing is likely because it generates a 5250 display. A 5250 display can't work unless you're in a 5250 environment.
mjavier
New User
First Name: Mario
Last Name: Javier
Company Name: Trimble
Phone: 440-721-2890
Address 1: 6350 Quadrangle Dr.
Address 2: Suite 300
City: Chapel Hill
State / Province: North Carolina
Zip / Postal Code: 27517

Post by mjavier »

Thanks, Scott.

We are running our application under Atrium. I thought that Profound would always revert to Genie mode when it detects that a 5250 display is being displayed (ie WRKSPLF, WRKSBMJOB, etc) options.

Nevertheless, we discovered that QUHDSPH works when the 5250 display is displayed in full screen by changing the user profiles "User options" parameter with "*HLPFULL".
Scott Klement
Experienced User
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Klement
Company Name: Profound Logic
City: Milwaukee
State / Province: Wisconsin

Post by Scott Klement »

Atrium is just a menu that launches applications. It can launch with Genie, or it can launch without Genie, it depends on what you've configured it to do. This is determined by the options you selected in the Navigation Items properties in the control panel.
launcher.png
launcher.png (57.72 KiB) Viewed 15949 times
Genie will auto-detect whether to use Rich Display mode or 5250 mode for a screen. But, Atrium does not in any way auto-detect whether to use Genie. It would be up to you to configure it to use Genie, and then if Genie is running it would detect Rich DIsplay or 5250.

I am not familiar with this API, or the *HLPFULL option, so I could not tell you what they do. If selecting *HLPFULL seems to work for you, then it sounds like your problem is solved?