Text box redirect when using JS commands

Use this board to ask questions or have discussions with other Universal Displays users.
ganderson
New User
First Name: Gavin
Last Name: Anderson
Company Name: Dayton Freight
Phone: 9376228453
Address 1: 614 Poe Ave
City: Vandialla
State / Province: Ohio
Zip / Postal Code: 45365

Text box redirect when using JS commands

Post by ganderson »

When having multiple Text boxes to take in information to apply filters my onBlur pui.click("Enter") redirects the cursor to the same box every time, Enter must be hit to store the value but its very tedious clicking back on the same box 3 times to type 3 letters, using other events such as on focus or on click are still tedious as you must still click out of the box to activate the JS event.
Scott Klement
Experienced User
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Klement
Company Name: Profound Logic
City: Milwaukee
State / Province: Wisconsin

Re: Text box redirect when using JS commands

Post by Scott Klement »

I'm not sure that I'm following you. There aren't text boxes or buttons on Universal Displays.

Unless you're calling the Universal Display from a Genie or Rich Display session? Maybe you're using AJAX to call a Universal Display, and doing the pui.click("Enter") in response to the AJAX request? But, you sure didn't mention anything about that in your message, and that seems unlikely to be something you'd leave out.

Probably you're not using a Universal Display at all, and just posted this in the wrong forum. But, then what ARE you using? Rich Display? Genie/5250? Or, are you saying that you'd LIKE to use a Universal Display? (In which case, what is your question?)

When you run pui.click("Enter"), it would (virtually) click a button that has id="Enter". What does this button do? Or, do you mean pressKey("Enter")?

I'm just a bit lost.