Add Theme for Conversion Selection

Use this board to ask questions or have discussions with other Rich Displays users.
nefty
New User
First Name: Nathan
Last Name: Fisher
Company Name: NALC HBP
City: Ashburn
State / Province: Virginia
Zip / Postal Code: 20149

Add Theme for Conversion Selection

Post by nefty »

I see these three themes when I convert a DDS - Enhanced, Hybrid and Standard. What I would like to do is modify the Enhanced theme and make the Action Panel's Panel Style to be Glass instead of Sapphire. I copied the enhanced.js to NALCenhanced.js and placed it in the same folder. When I go to convert the NALCenhanced does not show in the theme drop down.

I am attempting to have all my screens look alike and I started by making this simple change before getting more involved in theme designing.

I'm placing the new .js in /www/profoundui/htdocs/profoundui/userdata/custom/themes

I first tried making a copy of the original, enhanced-copy.js, and changing the enhanced.js version but this did not work either.

What am I doing wrong?
Glenn
Profound Logic Staff Member
First Name: Glenn
Last Name: Hopwood
Company Name: Profound Logic Software
State / Province: Ohio

Re: Add Theme for Conversion Selection

Post by Glenn »

Nathan,

You are on the right track. You just missed one step.

After you copy the theme that most closely matches what you want to see you also need to change the "name" setting in the theme file (see the image below). We suggest you keep the name of the .js file and the "name" setting the same to avoid confusion.

The text you put in this setting will be what appears in the dropdown when you do the conversion. Note that you will need to reload your designer session each time you make a change to these files to make sure you get the new version. Also note that if the theme file is not valid JSON (ex: missing a comma or a quote) it will not appear in the dropdown.
themes.png
themes.png (3.16 KiB) Viewed 1246 times
Glenn
nefty
New User
First Name: Nathan
Last Name: Fisher
Company Name: NALC HBP
City: Ashburn
State / Province: Virginia
Zip / Postal Code: 20149

Re: Add Theme for Conversion Selection

Post by nefty »

Thanks for your help. That did the trick.
Nathan