Open window popup over main screen

Use this board for starting discussions, asking questions, and giving advice on Web programming for the IBM i platform (and predecessors.)
amanso
New User
First Name: Adrián
Last Name: Manso
Company Name: NISA

Open window popup over main screen

Post by amanso »

Hi,
I'm trying to launch a window popup using profound ui Rich Displays within a PHP script:

I create another record format configuring show as window to true. When I call this control the content (a css panel ) is showed but the main screen dissapear.

I know this over RPG programs this works well, is possible in php scripts or is there a limitation here?

Thanks
Scott Klement
Experienced User
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Klement
Company Name: Profound Logic
City: Milwaukee
State / Province: Wisconsin

Re: Open window popup over main screen

Post by Scott Klement »

In web, there is no way to write the next display "on top of" the existing display like there is in 5250.

In RPG, the Open Access handler solves this problem by remembering which screens you've written. Then, when you try to pop up a window on top of others, it re-sends the old screen format(s) as well as the new window. Profound UI then draws the old format with the new format on top of it.

In PHP, there is no Open Access handler, so to create a popup window you would have to do the same thing, you'd have to send the old display and the new popup as layers so that the new popup display would appear on top.
amanso
New User
First Name: Adrián
Last Name: Manso
Company Name: NISA

Re: Open window popup over main screen

Post by amanso »

Ok thanks