Read subfile fields in php

Use this board for starting discussions, asking questions, and giving advice on Web programming for the IBM i platform (and predecessors.)
amanso
New User
First Name: Adrián
Last Name: Manso
Company Name: NISA

Read subfile fields in php

Post by amanso »

Hi,
i'm a begginer with profoundui over php and i don't know how to read the values of the row selected in a subfile when i'm in the php script after select a row.

Debugging the $_POST variable i see the rrn selected and the input elements in the screen , but the elements in the subfile are output fields and the value is not stored in $_POST.

What's the way to read these values? Is neccesary to enable any property of the fields?

Thanks.
Scott Klement
Experienced User
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Klement
Company Name: Profound Logic
City: Milwaukee
State / Province: Wisconsin

Re: Read subfile fields in php

Post by Scott Klement »

I'm assuming you are trying to use Rich Displays within a PHP script. (You said "profoundui", but this is a suite of several different products.)

We do not send any output elements back to your script. We only send input elements back to your program.

This is no different than an HTML form. Elements on the display that are just <div>My Content Here</div> would not be sent back. Only data within an <input> or <textarea> tag would be sent back when the form is submitted.

If you need to re-read these values, we would recommend that you save them somewhere between page displays. It's been a long time since I coded anything in PHP, but doesn't PHP have something like a $_SESSION object that lets you store data relevant to the session? Seems like that might be a good place to store values that are needed between page displays.
amanso
New User
First Name: Adrián
Last Name: Manso
Company Name: NISA

Re: Read subfile fields in php

Post by amanso »

Thanks you very much,

I wouldn't like use session variables but I will save the needed values in hidden input fields .