Sign in Macro vs Skin

Use this board to ask questions or have discussions with other Genie users.
FoxBill
Profound User
First Name: Bill
Last Name: Streit
Company Name: Fox Metro WRD

Sign in Macro vs Skin

Post by FoxBill »

I have a program that displays data from data file based on 3 of the fields equal to input data.
When I call program from from a Genie skin every thing works normal. However if I sign into Genie with a macro then call the program it does not get the data from the Data file. just shows blanks.
The only Difference is i am calling the program from a Macro instead of calling it from the comment line from the skin.

Have you heard of this happening before? Could there be something in my Macro that is causing this? I have other macros that work fine i have tried recreating the macro from scratch and same thing happens.
Attachments
Skin Screen EPA 2.gif
Skin Screen EPA 2.gif (69.6 KiB) Viewed 3178 times
Macro Screen EPA 1.gif
Macro Screen EPA 1.gif (90.53 KiB) Viewed 3178 times
Macro Screen EPA.gif
Macro Screen EPA.gif (67.21 KiB) Viewed 3178 times
Scott Klement
Experienced User
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Klement
Company Name: Profound Logic
City: Milwaukee
State / Province: Wisconsin

Re: Sign in Macro vs Skin

Post by Scott Klement »

I don't see how a macro could affect this?

You should troubleshoot your program and determine why it is not reading the file.
FoxBill
Profound User

Post by FoxBill »

The green screen version works fine when I try calling it both ways from the menu and from the program directly.
It is only when I am running the GENIE screens I have this problem. I am wondering if some how I have another screen out there that is conflicting with the screen I am trying to use but don't know it is there.

Is there a way to go thru my screens in GENIE Administration and look at what they are displaying to see if i have 2 screens for same program?
Scott Klement
Experienced User
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Klement
Company Name: Profound Logic
City: Milwaukee
State / Province: Wisconsin

Post by Scott Klement »

Genie _is_ a green screen from the system's perspective. It is creating an interactive job in exactly the same way it would for a 5250 emulator, and send the screens in 5250 mode exactly the same way it would with any 5250 emulator.

You are saying that your program is not reading the database files correctly when it is run through Genie. Why not? Genie doesn't do anything to the database at all. If you step through your program in a debugger, when it gets to the point where it reads the database, why is it failing? What are you saying that Genie is doing wrong that causes this? Is there a bad value in a variable that is somehow Genie's doing? Is the library list different? What exactly is happening?

You say something about having two "Genie screens" for a program. Are you referring to screen customizations? You can see all of the screen customizations in the Genie Administrator by expanding your skin, and clicking on "Screens". Genie has no notion of having "screens for programs", however, rather it looks for identifier strings on the screen.
FoxBill
Profound User

Post by FoxBill »

Maybe I did not explain my problem Clearly.
I created a Macro to auto sign into Genie Version of program and launch a menu.
From the menu I am calling a program that fills a page with File data.
It is only when I use the Macro to sign in, that the page does not grab the data.
If I sign in Manually and call the same program from the same menu it grabs the data from the file.
I have noticed if I update the file from the program then the Update portion loads normally but not the rest of the records show up if I sign in using the macro.

This only does this if I auto sign in using the macro.
FoxBill
Profound User

Post by FoxBill »

What I am doing is i am calling a macro like this from a shortcut on my Desktop.
Shortcut = http://10.1.1.5:8080/profoundui/genie?macro=EPASignon

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<?mso-application progid="Word.Document"?>
<macro>
<detectonce>
<id row="1" col="22"> Sign On</id>
<cursor row="6" col="52"/>
<input row="6" col="52">SIGNON</input>
<cursor row="7" col="52"/>
<input row="7" col="52">PASSWORD</input>
<cursor row="8" col="52"/>
<input row="8" col="52">MEPA01</input>
<cursor row="10" col="52"/>
<input row="10" col="52">UCSLIB</input>
<key>Enter</key>
</detectonce>
<detect>
<id row="1" col="1">Main</id>
<id row="1" col="31">System I Main Menu</id>
<close/>
</detect>
</macro>

When I sign into and call the program from the macro in this Particular program it does not grab the data.

However when I Sign in from my default GENIE skin and and select the program from the menu it grabs the data.
Could there possibly be where some combination of the Physical file settings and the Macro logic that causes this to happen?
The data field not being grabbed is Packed not sure that would make any difference.
Glenn
Profound Logic Staff Member
First Name: Glenn
Last Name: Hopwood
Company Name: Profound Logic Software
State / Province: Ohio

Post by Glenn »

Bill,

Have you tried debugging the underlying RPG program? As Scott mentioned earlier in the thread, Genie is a green screen emulator from the system's perspective so it shouldn't behave any differently.

Glenn
FoxBill
Profound User

Post by FoxBill »

I have tried to duplicate the problem using the green screen and every time the program works fine and grabs the data. The program works fine in the Genie mode too if I do not use a Macro to sign in. If I call the genie skin and sign in thru the GENIE Skin the program grabs the data. It is only when I use the Macro to sign into the AS400 and call the program from the same MACRO that it does not grab the data.

That is what is so perplexing to me. The only difference is when I use the Macro to sign into the AS400 that I have this problem, otherwise it works fine.
FoxBill
Profound User

Post by FoxBill »

I think I have found the problem, in Creating the physical file We had a copy in UCSLIB but the actuaal data file to be used was in UCSDATA. The As400 is set up to Grab from UCSDATA first and if not there look thru UCSLIB Library. For some reason the Signon thru the Macro was Grabbing from UCSLIB and Not UCSDATA Library. once I removed the object from UCSLIB the program started working fine again.

Thanks