Program error notification

Use this board to ask questions or have discussions with other Rich Displays users.
dbowman
New User
First Name: Dean
Last Name: Bowman
Company Name: PGT Trucking

Program error notification

Post by dbowman »

I'm new to profound and testing a conversion upgrade. I've noticed that when I run into a program error such as a level check that it does not break tot he display like it does on the green screen. Is there a setting somewhere that will enable this?
Scott Klement
Experienced User
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Klement
Company Name: Profound Logic
City: Milwaukee
State / Province: Wisconsin

Re: Program error notification

Post by Scott Klement »

Keep in mind that you are using the normal IBM RPG compiler and running it on the IBM operating system. Profound's programs do not get control when you get an error, the error is sent back to the OS.

If you run your application in Genie, then we can show the error in the browser, of course. But, without Genie, there's not much we can do. You could, of course, use stuff like MONITOR blocks or the old *PSSR to catch errors and handle things that way.
dbowman
New User
First Name: Dean
Last Name: Bowman
Company Name: PGT Trucking

Post by dbowman »

I'm a little confused when you say running the app through Genie. I have converted screens to rich display and launch through atrium. Is this not using Genie?
Scott Klement
Experienced User
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Klement
Company Name: Profound Logic
City: Milwaukee
State / Province: Wisconsin

Post by Scott Klement »

Atrium can launch your displays using a "Genie Macro" or "Rich Display". Either one could potentially work if your displays are rich displays.