Profound UI - User name or password is invalid

Use this board to ask questions or have discussions with other Rich Displays users.
thutcheson
New User
First Name: Tony
Last Name: Hutcheson
Company Name: StoneRiver
Phone: 4073825920
Address 1: 16000 Research Pkwy
Address 2: ste 200
City: Orlando
State / Province: Florida
Zip / Postal Code: 32826

Profound UI - User name or password is invalid

Post by thutcheson »

We have a Profound UI setup where a bunch of user profiles cannot log in through the browser because they get "User name or password is invalid" error message. The user profiles CAN log in to the green screen emulator; the users ARE set up in Profound UI. And there are other users who can log in through the browser UI.

Is there a common cause to this?
I did not see anything in the logs but maybe I am looking in the wrong place? Or do I need to up the logging level and if so where is that set?
Scott Klement
Experienced User
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Klement
Company Name: Profound Logic
City: Milwaukee
State / Province: Wisconsin

Re: Profound UI - User name or password is invalid

Post by Scott Klement »

No, there is no common cause to this. This is the first time I've heard of this problem...

Which method are you using to log on? Are you using Atrium, browser authenication, the Rich Display sign-on or Genie? All have their own sign-on methods.

When you get 'User name or password is invalid', which program is sending it? Are there any messages in the job log for that program?
thutcheson
New User

Post by thutcheson »

The login error message is being displayed for an Atrium login. Not sure which job is returning this as I have searched the instance jobs and not found the message.

For one of the users in question, we have also tried to log in to Profound UI welcome screen AND we just tried to log in to i Access for Web for that user. None successful. Of course since i Access is outside the Profound UI app this issue is obviously not PUI related. We are researching further but any input you could provide or direction that you could point in would be helpful. Thanks!
Scott Klement
Experienced User
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Klement
Company Name: Profound Logic
City: Milwaukee
State / Province: Wisconsin

Post by Scott Klement »

Hmmm... Atrium logins are handled by the HTTP Server (Apache) rather than any Profound code. The 'welcome' page is the same. A better test would be to try using the profound login at http//your-server:port/profoundui/start -- since this uses different code to log on.

I have no clue what would cause this. If you change the user's password, does that help? This is a wild guess, sorry.

I would consider opening a support ticket with Profound Logic so that someone can try to work with you to solve the problem.
thutcheson
New User

Post by thutcheson »

Eureka! We found it! The issue was that a bunch of users were copied to the machine from another environment and the RSTAUT command was not run to give them authority to objects. This was not apparent in the browser UI and was only seen when choosing a 2=Edit on the user profile on the iSeries - when exiting there was a message displayed. We restored authority and issue resolved.

Nothing in the feedback to the UI gave any indication. I suspect that is as much a product of the System i messages as anything. Thanks for your input!