Chart Response property and onchartclick event help needed

Use this board to ask questions or have discussions with other Rich Displays users.
Donnie
New User
First Name: Donnie
Last Name: Sanders
Company Name: TMW Systems
State / Province: North Carolina

Chart Response property and onchartclick event help needed

Post by Donnie »

All,

After reading Rob Ferguson's blog entry posted on January 10, 2013 (http://www.profoundlogic.com/blog/new-chart-properties/), I attempted to give the chart response property & oncchartclick event a try without any success.

I have a working TabPanel program with multiple Tabs. The first tab is a Grid and the other tabs are Charts.
I want to offer the user the ability to drill into those charts by clicking on a pie or bar chart so I bound a field to the Chart Response property of a chart. This was the only change made so far. Now I receive a "No data to display" message where the chart had been.

On a different tab, I've experimented with the onchartclick event by adding a javascript alert message but nothing happens when I click on that chart.

Any idea why is this might be happening? Are there any example programs available that could be used as a learning guide?

Any help is most appreciated,
Donnie
Alex
Profound Logic Staff Member
First Name: Alex
Last Name: Roytman
Company Name: Profound Logic Software

Re: Chart Response property and onchartclick event help need

Post by Alex »

I believe the "chart response" and "onchartclick" properties are only applicable for simple single-series charts where the data is supplied using the properties "names" / "values" or the the Database-driven Chart properties. However, If you're building the data using custom XML or JSON and using properties such as "chart url", "chart xml", or "chart json", then the chart click functionality must be built into your own XML or JSON. For example, in the XML, you may add a "link" attribute for this. For more details, see http://docs.fusioncharts.com/charts/.
Donnie
New User
First Name: Donnie
Last Name: Sanders
Company Name: TMW Systems
State / Province: North Carolina

Re: Chart Response property and onchartclick event help need

Post by Donnie »

In this case, "names" / "values" properties are being used with a single-series chart.

I find that it works using Chrome, but not with Internet Explorer 11.0.4 nor Firefox 28.0.

I need it to work on all 3 browsers. Is this possible?