DSPATR(OID)

Use this board to ask questions or have discussions with other Rich Displays users.
dennisw
Profound User
First Name: Dennis
Last Name: Willett
Company Name: Toledo CLinic

DSPATR(OID)

Post by dennisw »

I am converting an app from green screen. (We don't have Genie converter). It is an app for accepting payments by cash, check, or credit card.

The credit card has a field with dspatr(OID). How do I convert this to UI?
Scott Klement
Experienced User
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Klement
Company Name: Profound Logic
City: Milwaukee
State / Province: Wisconsin

Re: DSPATR(OID)

Post by Scott Klement »

I'm assuming you are using something like a 5250 Point of Sale (POS) device that would take advantage of the DSPATR(OID)? So, special hardware designed for 5250.

Not sure how this would work in conjunction with a browser, in general. Can you explain more?
dennisw
Profound User
First Name: Dennis
Last Name: Willett
Company Name: Toledo CLinic

Post by dennisw »

We have keyboard with magnetic stripe readers. If the user selects swipe as the card option the field is made active but non-display. Then the card is swiped.
Scott Klement
Experienced User

Post by Scott Klement »

Yes, I figured you had something like that. In the 5250 environment, this would scan the 5250 screen for DSPATR(OID) so it knows where to input it's data.

However, when we convert DSPATR(OID) to a web page, what do we convert it to? This is what I'm really asking. Obviously, it can't be looking for display attributes in a browser, since there is no such thing in a web page. So what would you like Genie to convert DSPATR(OID) into in that case? Is there some CSS class or DOM attribute that identifies these fields to the particular magnetic stripe reader that you're using? Does your stripe reader work with browsers, in general?

I'm sorry if I sound a bit confused, I looked into DSPATR(OID) about 20 years ago for a project I was doing at the time, but didn't end up using it, and haven't seen it used since then... so my understanding of DSPTR(OID) is not too strong.

If there is a good way to handle this in a browser, we could find out if Genie is already doing it, or if we can change Genie to make it work. But, right now, I'm having a hard time just seeing what would be the right behavior...
Scott Klement
Experienced User

Post by Scott Klement »

Maybe the easiest thing is to get a new mag stripe scanner that works with web browsers? Something that works more like a keyboard wedge might be a good solution?
Saathi77
New User
First Name: Saathi77
Last Name: Satege
Company Name: Google
City: Mumbai
State / Province: Iowa
Zip / Postal Code: 876493

Post by Saathi77 »

dennisw wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:16 pm We have keyboard with magnetic stripe readers. If the user selects swipe as the card option the field is made active but non-display. Then the card is swiped.
This implementation efficiently integrates a magnetic stripe reader into the keyboard interface. The user experience is streamlined as the card option activates the field seamlessly, maintaining a non-intrusive display.