Launch new tab calling RDF program with parms

Use this board to ask questions or have discussions with other Atrium users.
robhathome2
Profound User
First Name: Rob
Last Name: Horton
Company Name: Design Group Plc

Launch new tab calling RDF program with parms

Post by robhathome2 »

Hi

Does anyone know a way to launch a new tab using Atrium.launchURL() so that I can invoke a ProfoundUI program with parameters? I'm sure it must be possible - I think I'm just being a little dim.

I've searched the forums to no avail. The closest I got was https://www.profoundui.com/forums/phpbb ... f=52&t=427 but that's for an RpgSP program.

I guess I'm looking for something along the lines of:

Atrium.launchURL('yourbox:8080/profoundui/start.html?pgm=library/program&p1=VALUE1&l1=6&p2=VALUE2&l2=10','MyPgm')

Thanks in advance.

Rob.
robhathome2
Profound User

Re: Launch new tab calling RDF program with parms

Post by robhathome2 »

I should add that I do not want it to be anonymous.
David
Profound Logic Staff Member
First Name: David
Last Name: Russo
Company Name: Profound Logic Software

Post by David »

Profound UI can only launch programs from the "anonymous programs" database using URL parameters.

That said, it is possible to call one of your anonymous programs while signing in.

You can do so with this URL:

Code: Select all

/profoundui/auth/start?initpgm=yourlib/yourpgm&p1=XXXXXXXXXX&l1=10

The /auth URL will get you signed in automatically when run through Atrium. This because it causes Profound UI to use HTTP server authentication, and you are already authenticated against the HTTP server in Atrium.

The "initpgm" parameter will specify which program to run -- it must be in your "anonymous programs" list.

Then, just fill in your paramter value and length for "p1" and "l1". You can include a "p2" and "l2", and so on, if you require multiple parameters.

Since this will mean that the program you are running can also be launched anonymously, you'd probably want to add some security to it so that it checks the user profile inside to make sure you have been signed in.
David

Post by David »

Would suggest testing this out by just launching the URL in your browser manually until you get the parameter passing and everything right, then pass the URL to Atrium.launchURL() once you have it all sorted out and working.
robhathome2
Profound User

Post by robhathome2 »

Hi David

Apologies for the late reply. That worked fine. I'm trying to think if there's any drawback to having lots of programs declared as anonymous - can you think of any issues, apart from an administrative perspective? Ideally I'd like to invoke non-anonymous programs but through the authority-checked route.

Regards

Rob.
David

Post by David »

I don't see any other issues, although I can understand the administrative concern.

When launching a signed in session with PUI, you can either launch to predefined initial program (as defined in PUI initial program database), or you can launch one of them in the anonymous list using "initPgm". There are not currently any other options.

I should have mentioned, though, that you can actually pass URL parameters through to the initial program of a signed on session when using the automated sign on (/auth) as you are in this case. So, you could get a parameter that tells you where to go into the user's initial program if you wanted to do it that way.

However, when launching to PUI sign on panel, you cannot currently get URL parameters through. We have some ideas/plans to enable this, but can't currently be done.