Atrium User access

Use this board to ask questions or have discussions with other Atrium users.
andrew
New User
First Name: Andrew
Last Name: Landry
Company Name: Dupre' Logistics

Atrium User access

Post by andrew »

I was wondering if Atrium in the current version (4.0.4) allows for web user authentication instead of iSeries User Profiles? We are wanting to setup a Atrium portal for outside customers and are not wanting to setup iSeries Profiles for each customer. I know this was in-place a few versions ago but was taken out for security reasons but is there a way to enable this again? Also, will Atrium allow for the user management for web users (I.E. Add, Managing, deleting users) or do we need to code an interface for this?

Thanks for your time!
David
Profound Logic Staff Member
First Name: David
Last Name: Russo
Company Name: Profound Logic Software

Re: Atrium User access

Post by David »

Atrium does allow for this still, but does it in a different way using validation lists.

See commented directives in your "httd.conf". You can comment out the section using IBM i profiles, and uncomment the section for validation lists.

Note that in order to use these, you must have a separate installation of Profound UI / Atrium, as different web server configuration is used for IBM i profiles vs. validation lists.

It's possible to combine the directives into one instance of Atrium, but this requries knowledge of setting up Virtual Hosts in Apache.

When using the validation list directives, you'll have to:

1. Create a validation list PROFOUNDUI/PUIVLDL (use CRTVLDL command).

2. Grant user profiles QTMHHTTP and QTMHHTP1 all authority on the validation list.

3. Create a profile for yourself in there. Use the IBM Web Admin tool for this. Note that user ids/passwords in validation lists are case sensitive.

4. Clear Atrium's DB (if you had been testing with it already) by removing all records from files ATGROUPSP, ATUSERSP, ATCONFIGP, ATNAVP, ATNVARSP, and ATAUTHP.

Then sign onto Atrium using your validation list profile. Atrium will set this profile up as the Administrative user. From there, you can add users using the Control Panel in Atrium -- it will take care of adding/updating/deleting entries in the validation list.
andrew
New User
First Name: Andrew
Last Name: Landry
Company Name: Dupre' Logistics

Post by andrew »

Sounds Good David! Since we are going to setup another Apache instance for the customer portal, should we install this to a new library? I can see that our existing groups in our internal portal doesn't need to show up as options on the customer portal.
David
Profound Logic Staff Member
First Name: David
Last Name: Russo
Company Name: Profound Logic Software

Post by David »

Yes, you can install a separate copy of Profound UI -- just use the 'Customize' button on the installer and select an alternate library, port, and http server instance name.

Then, before running Atrium adjust "httpd.conf" and setup your validation list with the initial profile.

The first time you sign into Atrium with this profile (the DBs will be blank on initial install), it will set you up as the Admin user.

Then you should be good to go.

If you are running PUI applications in there, note that the current user of the job will be QTMHHTP1. But, you can get the validation list user by looking at environment variable REMOTE_USER.