Textbox Properties

Use this board to ask questions or have discussions with other Genie users.
dkmccammon
Profound User
First Name: Darin
Last Name: McCammon
Company Name: NAICO
Phone: 4052584301
Address 1: 1010 Manvel Ave
City: Chandler
State / Province: Oklahoma
Zip / Postal Code: 74834

Textbox Properties

Post by dkmccammon »

I was wondering if anybody else had experienced the id changing names on a textbox randomly. For example I have a textbox that is changes id's from I_2_4_W3 to I_2_4_W1 randomly. This textbox is an input capable textbox and I am trying to hide the textbox and change the labels to hyperlinks and write a script to put the value into the textbox and hit enter. Which I would normally do with the following script.
changeElementValue("I_2_4_W3","3");
pressKey("ENTER");

However, when I go to save the screen and then test it out, the textbox ID will have changed back to I_2_4_W1. I am not sure that it would be a good idea to put a wildcard at the end somehow so that it will adopt to the id of the textbox changing from W1 to W3 or the other way around.

If anybody has had this issue and resolved it can you please share? Or can I please get some ideas or pointers on what to do to fix this issue?
matt.denninghoff
Profound Logic Staff Member
First Name: Matthew
Last Name: Denninghoff
Company Name: Profound Logic Software
State / Province: Ohio

Re: Textbox Properties

Post by matt.denninghoff »

Hi, the ID suffix, _W1 or _W3, indicates that the textbox inside a window. The numbers should indicate a "layer" that Genie has put the textbox in. The layer shouldn't change just by entering and exiting Design Mode. Could you take a screen dump of the screen by typing Ctrl+F9 while in the screen that's giving you issues, save it to your computer. Then please email it to support@profoundlogic.com. This could be a bug. Thanks.