Atrium Kerberos authentication w/ multiple instances

Use this board to ask questions or have discussions with other Atrium users.
SeanTyree
Profound User
First Name: Sean
Last Name: Tyree
Company Name: US HealthWorks
State / Province: California
Zip / Postal Code: 91355

Atrium Kerberos authentication w/ multiple instances

Post by SeanTyree »

We are currently testing Kerberos authentication on our DEV machine that has 2 instances of Profound setup. One of the instances is setup w/ normal auth & the other is setup w/ Kerberos. Everything is working except the Atrium login. I believe this is due to the fact that both instances have the same setting for PUI_AUTH_REALM = "Profound UI". However, it looks like this directive is left out of the section that was un-commented for Kerberos. Can this setting be changed when using Kerberos?

Thanks,
Sean
Scott Klement
Experienced User
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Klement
Company Name: Profound Logic
City: Milwaukee
State / Province: Wisconsin

Re: Atrium Kerberos authentication w/ multiple instances

Post by Scott Klement »

I'm not sure I understand what problem you're having...

The PUI_AUTH_REALM setting is not usually in a particular section of the config file, it's defined globally... so it is always un-commented (by default, anyway!)

Code: Select all

SetEnv PUI_AUTH_REALM "Profound UI"
It's my understanding (and I'm no expert here) that this is used with Atrium's sign-on feature when you use the /profoundui/atrium URL. The idea is to make that sign-on screen use the same auth realm that's used when accessing the /profoundui/atrium/menu URL so that once you've signed on to the Atrium sign-on screen, you don't have to sign on again.

However, if you are using Kerberos, you should not be using the /profoundui/atrium sign-on. You should be going straight to /profoundui/atrium/menu so that you can bypass the need for any signon at all. So PUI_AUTH_REALM would not come into play at all in that case..

Does that help?
SeanTyree
Profound User
First Name: Sean
Last Name: Tyree
Company Name: US HealthWorks
State / Province: California
Zip / Postal Code: 91355

Post by SeanTyree »

Hi Scott,

Here's our situation. We created a second instance of Profound in order to test SSO. When navigating to /profoundui/welcome or /profoundui/designer# (or any other non-Atrium link on the same port), I am automatically signed in as expected. However, when I naviagate to /profoundui/atrium/menu, I get a 401 Authorization required. Navigating to /profoundui/atrium brings up the Atrium sign-on as expected.

Any ideas why Atrium isn't recognizing the Kerberos authentication?

Thanks,
Sean
Scott Klement
Experienced User
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Klement
Company Name: Profound Logic
City: Milwaukee
State / Province: Wisconsin

Post by Scott Klement »

Hi Sean,

Sorry, I do not know why that would be. You may be able to find some answers by looking in the /www/INSTANCE-NAME/logs/error_log.XXXXX files.

Atrium programs should name PUI0003xxx (between 3000-3999) so you might see log entries that refer to those names, possibly with a helpful error message that explains why.

Please keep in mind that Kerberos is not a feature of Profound UI itself, but rather is a feature of the IBM HTTP Server (powered by Apache). We will try to help you as much as we can, but if this is really a malfunction in Kerberos, you'll end up talking to IBM.

-SK