Single Sign On Question

Use this board to ask questions or have discussions with other Rich Displays users.
sscanlon
New User
First Name: Sean
Last Name: Scanlon
Company Name: Victaulic

Single Sign On Question

Post by sscanlon »

Hi - Have a question about single sign on.

I see the Doco page for altering the conf file to enable Kerberos Authentication. After making this change - what happens if the kerberos authentication fails? Is the user then presented with a sign on screen? If not, is there a way to configure it so that this happens?

Thank you.
Scott Klement
Experienced User
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Klement
Company Name: Profound Logic
City: Milwaukee
State / Province: Wisconsin

Re: Single Sign On Question

Post by Scott Klement »

You could try the "KerberosOrBasic" AuthType. That might allow it to fall back to prompting the user for a userid/password if Kerberos authentication fails? I can see that option in the documentation, here:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledge ... 23authtype

Keep in mind that Kerberos support is not a part of Profound UI, rather it is a part of the IBM HTTP Server (powered by Apache) that is included with the operating system. You can use it with Profound UI, of course, because Profound UI runs on the IBM HTTP Server. However, since it is really an IBM feature rather than a Profound feature, I am not an expert :-)

I can see there is an option of "AuthType KerberosOrBasic", but I haven't tried it myself, and in fact I don't have access to a Kerberos environment that I can try it with. So please check out the IBM docs and see if they help you. If not, please contact support@profoundlogic.com so that we can look into it further.
sscanlon
New User
First Name: Sean
Last Name: Scanlon
Company Name: Victaulic

Re: Single Sign On Question

Post by sscanlon »

Thank you for the reply Scott. Waiting to get the service principals added to AD and then will give it a shot.