Cookies problem inside Atrium

Use this board to ask questions or have discussions with other Atrium users.
siavash
Profound User
First Name: Siavash
Last Name: Askari
Company Name: Erb Transport
City: New Hamburg
State / Province: Ontario

Cookies problem inside Atrium

Post by siavash »

Hi

Does the Atrium block cookies from other web applications that we call inside that?

We have a web application that gets it's theme from a cookie, so users can save their settings based on their preferences.

For some reason when we call our web application through the Atrium, it doesn't pick the proper theme from the cookie.

Could someone please help on this?

Thanks
Siavash Askari
Scott Klement
Experienced User
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Klement
Company Name: Profound Logic
City: Milwaukee
State / Province: Wisconsin

Re: Cookies problem inside Atrium

Post by Scott Klement »

The browser is very strict about making sure that cookies only go to the host and port number that set them up. It also can (depending on how the app was written) restrict them based on the pathname within the URL to that host.

However... Atrium does nothing to affect the cookies. It just launches your application in an iframe. Just make sure that the URL you specify in the Atrium control panel matches the one that the cookies were originally sent from -- and it should work.

If not, let me know how to reproduce the problem, and I'll be glad to help.

Also... FWIW.. I'm glad to help you in the forums. But to get the "official" Profound Logic support, please e-mail us at support@profoundlogic.com. Your case will be given a higher priority if you use that method. I'm happy to help you here -- but the way you phrased your message makes me wonder if you'd prefer the higher priority.
Scott Klement
Experienced User
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Klement
Company Name: Profound Logic
City: Milwaukee
State / Province: Wisconsin

Re: Cookies problem inside Atrium

Post by Scott Klement »

I found this post that says that Internet Explorer will block cookies in an iframe. (Which is what Atrium is doing. The tabs you see in ATrium are really iframes under the covers.)
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3894 ... t-explorer

So you may need to create a p3p policy as explained in that post.

Does this help?