tab order

Use this board to ask questions or have discussions with other Rich Displays users.
esdaled
Profound User
First Name: David
Last Name: Esdale
Company Name: Guardian General Insurance
City: Port of Spain
State / Province: Outside Canada/USA

tab order

Post by esdaled »

I am working with a screen converted from DDS and I have rearranged a number of fields to take advantage of the large area available on a web page.

However, the tab order on the page still follows the 5250 screen tab order. Is there a quick method of changing the tab order to match the new design?
Alex
Profound Logic Staff Member
First Name: Alex
Last Name: Roytman
Company Name: Profound Logic Software

Re: tab order

Post by Alex »

Click the Elements tab on the right side of the designer. There will be several toolbar icons that allow you to control the order of elements. Click the "Auto-arrange" icon to automatically set the order based on the new design of the screen.
esdaled
Profound User

Post by esdaled »

We are using a variation of the enhanced theme to convert the DDS source. With this theme there is an "Actions" panel on the left of the page with the 5250 function keys.

The "Auto-arrange" works fine, except that the function keys on the "Actions" panel are arranged with the other elements on the "Main" Panel. As a result, tabing through the fields switches between the data fields on the "main" panel and the function keys on the "Action" panel. Short of manually arranging the elements, is there a method to sort the elements such that the "Action" Panel elements appear together before (or after) the "Main" panel elements?
Brian
Profound Logic Staff Member
First Name: Brian
Last Name: May
Company Name: Profound Logic Software

Post by Brian »

Unfortunately, at this time it will be a manual process. However, you should be able to use the "auto arrange" option and then set the function key buttons to some really high number to make them the last ones instead of changing every field individually.
esdaled
Profound User

Post by esdaled »

When you say "some really high number", I am assuming that you are referring to the tab index property on the function key buttons.

I have tried this but it only works if I set that property for all input elements on the screen. I have the "main panel" elements with a low tab index and and "action panel" elements with a high.
I would prefer if I could leave the tab index on the main panel elements unset use the auto-arrange to sort them.