How are Hidden subfile fields defined in the designer?

Use this board to ask questions or have discussions with other Rich Displays users.
leatherlips
Profound User
First Name: Mike
Last Name: Geldert
Company Name: Stonriver

How are Hidden subfile fields defined in the designer?

Post by leatherlips »

When I convert a Subfile, I see the hidden fields show up in the list of fields in the designer(but don't know how to access them in the designer). IF I create a new subfile in the designer, how do I assign hidden fields to the subfile ? I can hide a field in a column of the grid but is that how the converted dds is doing it? If I hide fields in a column of the grid/subfile, would that cause issues when sorting that column (clicking on the heading)?
Thanks!
grmarks
Profound User
First Name: Glenn
Last Name: Marks
Company Name: Pacific Brands

Re: How are Hidden subfile fields defined in the designer?

Post by grmarks »

have you tried the "Visibility" attribute under "Misc" sub group (on right hand side of screen) ?
leatherlips
Profound User

Post by leatherlips »

Yes, I mark one or more of the hidden fields visible, but they don't "show" in the designer. Since the program works, they're in the file. I'm wondering if they are in the DDS as hidden (thus accessible) but not part of the converted html/javascript that's added as part of the conversion process. If that's so, then is there a way to create a hidden subfile field from the designer that is NOT part of the grid? (not hidden in a particular column)?
Bryan641
Profound User
First Name: Bryan
Last Name: Leaman
Company Name: InVue Security
Phone: 704-752-6513 x221
Address 1: 15015 Lancaster Hwy
City: Charlotte
State / Province: North Carolina
Zip / Postal Code: 28277

Post by Bryan641 »

I believe when ProfoundUI converts hidden fields in a subfile, it marks the as hidden, but also changes the "left" position to a large negative number. If you change it to something on-screen you'll be able to see it in the designer.
--Bryan
leatherlips
Profound User

Post by leatherlips »

Bryan641, Thanks for that. Exactly what is happening. This also may provide some insight into another issue I've had with sorting a column. (sort isn't working on the first column in the subfile/grid). Looks like I need to choose a column to store all the hidden fields so that the columns I need to have sorting for, don't contain the hidden fields.

Thanks for the info!
Jim Reed
New User
First Name: Jim
Last Name: Reed
Company Name: 21st Mortgage Corp.
Phone: 800-955-0021 1440

Post by Jim Reed »

Don't know if this helps, but I create one additional column, and place all of my hidden fields in it. I then reduce (drag) the size of the subfile, so the last column isn't displayed.