Correct way to change browser tab text

Use this board to ask questions or have discussions with other Rich Displays users.
jpmurtha
New User
First Name: Jim
Last Name: Murtha
Company Name: Dealertrack

Correct way to change browser tab text

Post by jpmurtha »

The browser tab text appears to be based on document.title. The problem is that when I set document.title via javascript it is getting overridden. As of release 5.0.1 I was able to set property pui.$i and then set document.title = pui.$i. But this appears to not be working in 5.0.8. Can someone verify that profound does update document.title and what the property name is that I should be setting rather than pui.$i?
Scott Klement
Experienced User
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Klement
Company Name: Profound Logic
City: Milwaukee
State / Province: Wisconsin

Re: Correct way to change browser tab text

Post by Scott Klement »

Can you use the "document title" property of the screen instead? Or doesn't that work for you?

Also, FYI, when you see a "funny" name like "pui.$i" (or any other very short/strange name) I do not recommend changing it. These are what we call "obfuscated" code... we use a tool to shrink our code down to make it load faster and use less memory, and this "obfuscation" tool generates these short names on-the-fly, so they can be different with each release of Profound UI or even with a patch. We never intended for customers to work with this code, and cannot support it.

So please use the "document title" property. If that doesn't work for you, let us know and we'll either help you find a better way, or add a feature to make this easier, or whatever is needed to solve the problem in a more robust/proper way.
xrunner
New User
First Name: David
Last Name: Miller
Company Name: Marathon Resources, LLC
City: Wichita
State / Province: Kansas

Re: Correct way to change browser tab text

Post by xrunner »

I know Scott's response is really old, but I tried using the "document title" property of the screen and it didn't change the tab description. The tab description matches the Atrium option name. Is there a good way to override the Atrium name with a value after the program is called? For example, if the Atrium option is "Account Lookup" I'd like the tab to say "1234 Smith, Bob" when I'm looking at account 1234 for Bob Smith. Thanks.