Save non-Rich Browser page to Rich UI

Use this board to ask questions or have discussions with other Rich Displays users.
sgonchigar2
New User
First Name: Sunil
Last Name: Gonchigar
Company Name: NTT Data

Save non-Rich Browser page to Rich UI

Post by sgonchigar2 »

Hello,

we have a browser page whose backend is written in .net and all the data is served from db2. It is launched via hot key (strpco). Trying to see if I can demonstrate that page can be rendered from Geine using Rich UI without hotkey logic. The look would be same and backend would be RPG. Trying to see how best/quickly I can get that HTML into DDS. Appreciate any tips.
Scott Klement
Experienced User
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Klement
Company Name: Profound Logic
City: Milwaukee
State / Province: Wisconsin

Re: Save non-Rich Browser page to Rich UI

Post by Scott Klement »

You could do something like this in any JavaScript event:

Code: Select all

window.open("http://whatever-the-url-is");
sgonchigar2
New User
First Name: Sunil
Last Name: Gonchigar
Company Name: NTT Data

Re: Save non-Rich Browser page to Rich UI

Post by sgonchigar2 »

Thank you Scott. I was actually looking to see if I could re-write the .net C# logic in RPG for the database I/O and accomplish the same look. For the look, if I could save that HTML into DDS and write the RPG to populate the data fields. Not sure I explained this properly.
current flow: 5250-->HotKey-->STRPCO--> URL (.net-->C#-->target HTML )
future flow: 5250--->Genie (browser)-->Fkey--> call Rich UI rpg pgm (still on the same browser tab/url) -->target HTML

the thought is to see what the target HTML/JS has, can be compatible or worked with from RPG Rich UI standpoint where RPG will load the data on the target HTML instead of db2-->SQL view -->.net db2 driver --> C#-->browser.