PUI0016 Error

Use this board to ask questions or have discussions with other Genie users.
sunny
Profound User
First Name: Sunny
Last Name: Krowski
Company Name: United Cerebral Palsy Arkansas
Phone: (501) 224-6067
Address 1: 9720 N Rodney Parham Rd
City: Little Rock
State / Province: Arkansas
Zip / Postal Code: 72227

PUI0016 Error

Post by sunny »

I have used Genie to create a gui screen from an existing screen. I changed the screen to have a Tab Panel. This was quite easy and I was excited until I tried to run it.

I have added HANDLER('PROFOUNDUI(HANDLER)') to the RPGLE on the display file. Added header records for DFTACTGRP(*NO) and /DEFINE PROFOUNDUI.

This is a simple RPGLE program to allow all fields in 1 file to be displayed and changed.

I think this has something to do with the fact that my display is not Rich Text Format and is a simple as400 display. From the things that I have read, the Genie product allows us to lay a skin over the current display to allow it to be more user friendly and can be called from a URL.

We do not have a development license so I can't simply convert my RPG and display file using the development tools. Our 3rd party vendor bought the development license and we purchased the software including Genie and Atrium licenses.

I created a menu in Atrium so that we could give the link to a new hire for them to fill out their information. But, when I run the program from Genie or take the option from Atrium, I get the PUI0016 error.

Would you please help me to understand how to create this screen so that it will use my existing programs but will allow for a user to access the screen through a URL?

Thank you,
Sunny
Scott Klement
Experienced User
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Klement
Company Name: Profound Logic
City: Milwaukee
State / Province: Wisconsin

Re: PUI0016 Error

Post by Scott Klement »

PUI0016 means that you're trying to run a green-screen display with the open access handler.

The open access handler can only be used with Profound UI Rich Displays, it cannot be used to display green-screens. Just remove the HANDLER keyword from your program, and display it as a green-screen.
sunny
Profound User

Post by sunny »

I had the Genie skin working for the program when going through Genie. But when I went into Atrium and added a Genie Macro, it does not call the skin. The Menu calls the Genie Macro which works as expected but doesn't have the skin to give it the look I am wanting. That is why I added the Handler. I thought it might be needed for Atrium to know to get the Genie skin.
Scott Klement
Experienced User
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Klement
Company Name: Profound Logic
City: Milwaukee
State / Province: Wisconsin

Post by Scott Klement »

Hi Sunny,

One possible solution is to tell Genie to always use your skin by default. I say this because most of our customers have one skin that they use for everything, and they simply want both Genie and Atrium to always use that skin. If this is the case for you, you can use the Genie Administrator to make your skin the default -- then everything will use that skin (unless you tell it otherwise.)

This is done in the Global settings of the Genie Administrator. For example, in the screenshot below, I'm setting my default skin to SKSkyline:
defaultsksky.png
defaultsksky.png (38.21 KiB) Viewed 2843 times
On the other hand, if you have multiple skins and you want the particular Atrium launcher to determine which of the skins should be used, you can do it by adding the skin as a URL parameter. This is done by setting the Genie URL option in the Genie Macro Launcher to /profoundui/auth/genie?skin=your-skin. For example:
atrium_skin.png
atrium_skin.png (13.34 KiB) Viewed 2843 times
Now when you open that menu item, it'll always use YOUR-SKIN, no matter what the default is set to.
sunny
Profound User

Post by sunny »