ProfoundJS Installation Error -

Use this board to ask questions or have discussions with other Profound.js users.
RichDotsonMTD
Profound User
First Name: Rich
Last Name: Dotson
Company Name: MTD Products
State / Province: Ohio

ProfoundJS Installation Error -

Post by RichDotsonMTD »

Our system admin received an error when installing ProfoundJS today. I attached the debug file that was created by the process. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
-Rich
Attachments
2020-12-07T15_58_48_105Z-debug.log
(142.51 KiB) Downloaded 849 times
Scott Klement
Experienced User
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Klement
Company Name: Profound Logic
City: Milwaukee
State / Province: Wisconsin

Re: ProfoundJS Installation Error -

Post by Scott Klement »

Hi Rich,

The only error that I see in the log is this one:

Code: Select all

1276 verbose stack Error: profoundjs-fibers@2.7.2 install: `node build.js || nodejs build.js`
1276 verbose stack spawn ENOENT
1276 verbose stack     at ChildProcess.<anonymous> 
1276 verbose stack     at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:1048:16)
1276 verbose stack     at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:288:5)
Its possible that there is more information than this that was printed to the screen. The NPM log is really meant for diagnosing problems with NPM, not with other things. Other things would typically just print a message to the screen.

That said, the above error code ENOENT means "File Not Found". And it is occuring when trying to spawn a child process to run the command 'node build.js || nodejs build.js'. So this seems to indicate that either it cannot find the shell that it is trying to spawn, or it can't find the node/nodejs command.

Is it possible that you don't have these set properly in your PATH variable? Maybe you've set it, but not exported it, so its only available at the current invocation level? Or perhaps you haven't set it at all?

I haven't seen this happen before -- so I can only guess what might be happening.

If you need more in-depth help, or quicker responses, please consider using our Support department. (This is done by e-mailing support@profoundlogic.com ) The forums are really meant for you to be able to discuss stuff with other customers/users, they're not really designed for providing formal technical support like this. I will try to help you if I can, though.
RichDotsonMTD
Profound User
First Name: Rich
Last Name: Dotson
Company Name: MTD Products
State / Province: Ohio

Re: ProfoundJS Installation Error -

Post by RichDotsonMTD »

Thanks Scott. I'll have them email the support department.