Error while using third party mapping API

Use this board for starting discussions, asking questions, and giving advice on Web programming for the IBM i platform (and predecessors.)
Profounder
New User
First Name: Web
Last Name: Dev
Company Name: Confidential
Phone: 08310800134
State / Province: Outside Canada/USA

Error while using third party mapping API

Post by Profounder »

I have a web application where one of the page displays a map in an iframe. The map is rendered by using an HTML document which uses a JavaScript Maps SDK library provided by a third party mapping services vendor.

All we need to do is to include a link to their JavaScript API CDN as below to render the map:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="https://maps-sdk.greenmaps.com/v2/greenmaps-2.2.0.css" />
<script src="https://maps-sdk.greenmaps.com/v2/green ... "></script>
This was working fine as required but abruptly stopped working and the map is no longer rendered.

I can see the below error in the chrome inspector. This was not coming up when the map was working:

WebSocket connection to 'wss://transportation.greenmaps.com:53729/' failed: Error in connection establishment: net::ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT
One more additional thing to note is that the html document renders the map as required when saved and opened as a stand alone HTML file locally.

The only logical thing I can think of is that some sort of "blocking" was done in the server which hosts the application that is restricting its access to the map service provider server.

A further inspection in chrome shows an error in the below line of code:

var ws=new WebSocket(protocol+'://'+hostname+':'+"53729"+'/')
The error shown here is that the connection timed out.

I am not sure what number 53729 represents.

Can someone give ideas on what might have happened and how this might be resolved? Kindly let me know if more details are required.
Scott Klement
Experienced User
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Klement
Company Name: Profound Logic
City: Milwaukee
State / Province: Wisconsin

Re: Error while using third party mapping API

Post by Scott Klement »

The number 53729 appears to be a port number.

The net::ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT error means that its trying to make a connection, but is timing out. Common reasons for this would be:
  1. The network is down
    The server is down
    A firewall is blocking access
    Misconfigured routing is blocking the ability to send data to the host