Auto end job after call api complete on work active job

Use this board to ask questions or have discussions with other Universal Displays users.
iclassic
New User
First Name: chatchawan
Last Name: phuttha
Company Name: AYCAL
City: bangkok

Auto end job after call api complete on work active job

Post by iclassic »

How should I solve this problem? Please advise.
when API Start in the first Job, It will automate generate Job in Subsystem , and it still pending for the next Job. i want it automate end when my job finish, How can do i?
or
After calling post API complete, I want this job auto end job. Because now I still see this work on work active job. I want it to end after calling the API to work complete.
Attachments
fix API.png
fix API.png (174.83 KiB) Viewed 15628 times
Scott Klement
Experienced User
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Klement
Company Name: Profound Logic
City: Milwaukee
State / Province: Wisconsin

Re: Auto end job after call api complete on work active job

Post by Scott Klement »

Hello iclassic,

The IBM HTTP Server (powered by Apache) will attempt to re-use jobs. After a program runs, it does not end the job, but keeps it active so that it can be re-use for subsequent requests. This greatly improves performance.

I think it is important to understand that this is part of the IBM HTTP server, not a part of Profound UI. Our product runs as an application on IBM's server, but changes that we make to our product would not change how the HTTP server keeps jobs active. To change that, you would need to make a request of IBM.

But, before you do that, I would take a moment to think about what you are trying to achieve? Causing these jobs to end would decrease performance. Are they causing a problem for you? Perhaps there's a different solution to that problem that would be better from a performance perspective? If you tell us what problems this is causing, it will make it easier for us to help you.
iclassic
New User
First Name: chatchawan
Last Name: phuttha
Company Name: AYCAL
City: bangkok

Re: Auto end job after call api complete on work active job

Post by iclassic »

thank you Scott.