Apply atrium theme to PUI converted frame

Use this board to ask questions or have discussions with other Rich Displays users.
franck@sermes
New User
First Name: Franck
Last Name: Malaise
Company Name: Sermes
City: Strasbourg

Apply atrium theme to PUI converted frame

Post by franck@sermes »

Hello,

I'm a new PUI user, and I have a question about our conversion strategy

We plan to migrate our iseries, using atrium and PUI.
For this, on a design part, we plan to use only 2 themes in atrium (one light and one dark)

We noticed that the change of atrium theme is only applied to atrium and not the converted PUI screen

Is there a solution when changing the atrium theme to apply a css to converted PUI frame the same way than the atrium one?
What is the best practice for that?
Use existing pui or atrium JS?

Thanks for your help
Scott Klement
Experienced User
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Klement
Company Name: Profound Logic
City: Milwaukee
State / Province: Wisconsin

Re: Apply atrium theme to PUI converted frame

Post by Scott Klement »

Atrium's themes are separate from the DDS conversion themes. The Rich Display or Genie sessions that you launch from within Atrium run as completely separate windows (iframes, if you're familiar with html.)

This is the first time I've heard of someone trying to make the Atrium theme cause a change in the underlying application, so I haven't done any research or have any experience doing this. You might consider asking Profound Logic by e-mailing support@profoundlogic.com (I don't know if they will know the answer, but it's worth a try.)
franck@sermes
New User
First Name: Franck
Last Name: Malaise
Company Name: Sermes
City: Strasbourg

Post by franck@sermes »

Hi Scott,

Our global idea is to have only 2 themes (dark and light) and to base the full website on it.
As the atrium and RD iframes are not linked, we thought about applying the RD css when we change the theme.

We saw that set an onload to the screen, it runs for all record of converted screen (or we did something wrong maybe, because we get 3 console.log?!?), so we'll probably add it to atrium general js, on onload or theme change

For this we'll plan:
- one dark atrium css
- one light atrium css
- one custom dark RD css
- one custom light RD css

When an atrium css is set (by first load or click), we load the same custom RD
Looks like there is no other solution.
I'll describe maybe how we handle it when we'll be done (we're just starting), to have your feedback

Thanks for your answer Scott
Scott Klement
Experienced User
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Klement
Company Name: Profound Logic
City: Milwaukee
State / Province: Wisconsin

Post by Scott Klement »

If it helps, there's HTML code here: /www/YOUR-INSTANCE/htdocs/profoundui/userdata/html/start.html

This is the HTML page that is loaded when running a Rich Display session. You can modify it to load your CSS files if you like, then they will be loaded only once per tab (this might be nicer than onload, which runs with every record format.) If you change this, please make certain you make a copy of it so that you don't lose your changes when you update Profound UI.

There is a similar start.html file in the Genie skin when you launch a new Genie tab in Atrium.