Do Atrium subgroups inherit navigation permissions?

Use this board to ask questions or have discussions with other Atrium users.
rcook
New User
First Name: Ryan
Last Name: Cook
Company Name: StoneRiver, Inc
State / Province: Florida

Do Atrium subgroups inherit navigation permissions?

Post by rcook »

Hello,

Do user subgroups inherit their parent group's permissions for navigation items in Atrium? For example, I have a set of users (in group 1) who I'd like to split into two groups (A and B) for organizational purposes, but want the same security to apply to both groups. If I allow group 1 to access a navigation item, will both A and B also have access to that item, or do I have to explicitly allow 1, A, and B for that navigation item?

I couldn't find anything in the documentation for forums that told me one way or the other, but from my testing it looks like group do not inherit their parents' permissions and I wanted to confirm that. Thanks,
Scott Klement
Experienced User
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Klement
Company Name: Profound Logic
City: Milwaukee
State / Province: Wisconsin

Re: Do Atrium subgroups inherit navigation permissions?

Post by Scott Klement »

Correct, you'll need to authorize the subgroup to the menu items. Granting permission to the subgroup will enable access for the individual users that are in that subgroup. But, granting permission to the parent group will not enable access for the subgroups of that parent group.
mgardes
New User
First Name: Maximilien
Last Name: G.
Company Name: SERMES
City: Strasbourg

Re: Do Atrium subgroups inherit navigation permissions?

Post by mgardes »

Hello ... 5 years later ;-) .....

it would have bean great (and logical ?) if the sub groups had inherit their parents' permissions.

When we give rights to a parent group that means we want to give them to all the subgroups without having to do it manually, but it doesn't work.

So we don't undesrtand why it is possible te create subgroups while the subgroups do not inherit rights of their parents.