Can't get the CHOICES URL to work

Use this board to ask questions or have discussions with other Universal Displays users.
rvosburgh
New User
First Name: Roderic
Last Name: Vosburgh
Company Name: McGard
Phone: 716-539-7345

Can't get the CHOICES URL to work

Post by rvosburgh »

I am trying to load a type ahead text box using the choices url very similar to the sample that was shown in the 2018 profound seminar, just substituting fruit with employee names.
I created the universal json file just like in the sample.

In the choices url area of the display file I put /PROFOUNDUI/UNIVERSAL/CHOICES1.

In PUIMAPP I have: URI MAPPING: /CHOICES1 PROGRAM LIBRARY: TLIBRMV PROGRAM NAME: EMPSELECTR REQUIRE SIGNON: N
empselectr is never being called.

I don't know what I am missing.
Scott Klement
Experienced User
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Klement
Company Name: Profound Logic
City: Milwaukee
State / Province: Wisconsin

Re: Can't get the CHOICES URL to work

Post by Scott Klement »

Try running it from a web service testing tool, make sure its working independent of the calling display file. If not, determine why not... what step is it failing at? What symptoms do you see?

If it works from a testing tool but not a display, Look in the developer tools in your browser and see what's happening... is the URL running? are you getting an error from the server? etc...
rvosburgh
New User

Post by rvosburgh »

I tried using soapui and cannot get that to work either. See attachment. I put my correct server info in.
I may be doing something wrong when using soapui.
Receiving a status error HTTP/1.0 404 NOT FOUND.

I cannot find any reference to the url in debug either.
Scott Klement
Experienced User

Post by Scott Klement »

How could you get a 404 not found if there's no reference to the URL?! HTTP codes like that ares only sent in response to sending a URL.
rvosburgh
New User

Post by rvosburgh »

I'm only getting the 404 not found when I try testing with SOAPUI.
I do not receive any errors whey I'm running the program through the browser.
When running through the browser using debug, that is when I cannot find any reference to the URL.
Scott Klement
Experienced User

Post by Scott Klement »

Okay, so you have two issues:

1) Your web service doesn't work, you get a 404.
2) Your web service isn't being called from your display file.

#1 - you need to determine what the problem actually is, here. 404 not found means that the URL isn't found on the server. This could be because of some mistake in your PUIMAPP, or something in the httpd.conf.

#2 - you need to look at the display file and make sure that the "choices url" property is set. If this is a textbox (vs. a dropdown/combo/listbox) it will only be called when you type into the box. You say you aren't finding it in the "debugger", which is confusing to me, as the term "debugger" usually refers to the JavaScript code debugger. Since that makes no sense, I assume you don't really mean that, but rather that you are looking at the network requests, and you don't see a call to your URL, but you do see other URLs. This almost certainly means the choices url isn't set, or you aren't actually typing into the textbox. If you mean something else, please be explicit about what you mean.
rvosburgh
New User

Post by rvosburgh »

This is difficult for me to explain as much of this is new to me. It would be much easier if I had an email address so I can paste images to show what I am talking about.
Scott Klement
Experienced User

Post by Scott Klement »

The point behind forums is that you can talk to any/all Profound UI users who wish to participate. Sending stuff in a private e-mail defeats the purpose of forums. You can include pictures in forum posts, there's an "attachments" tab underneath the editor where you can upload them.

Of course, you're always welcome to use our Support instead of forums if you don't want/need to have a public discussion. That's done by e-mailing support@profoundlogic.com