How many users connected to my IBM i web server?

This is the knowledgebase for Profound UI, all resolved support and product questions are located here. Please search this forum before posting any new support and technical questions.
Profound Logic
Site Admin

How many users connected to my IBM i web server?

Post by Profound Logic »

Question:
Do I need to be concerned how many users are connected to my IBM i web server? For
example, what if I have 10,000 people hitting my website.

Answer:
Profound UI runs natively in the IBM i operating environment and is designed to make efficient use of CPU, memory, and network bandwidth usage. This will require much less system resources than running something like WebSphere. Also, most of the UI processing is offloaded to the client, so this does not consume resources on the server.

What this means is that generally the system you are using today should be able to handle the same number of users in Profound UI. This is not like going to WebSphere where a system upgrade is often required.

As with any application, however, you’ll need to ensure that your site has enough network bandwidth, if you are serving the applications over the WAN, and also that your system has enough CPU and memory to handle the expected number of users.

Another great aspect of using IBM I / Power Systems as your platform is the On Demand capacity. Your server can be scaled as needed to meet rising requirements.