Mouseover HTML container in Subfile

Use this board for starting discussions, asking questions, and giving advice on RPG programming for the IBM i platform (and predecessors.)
Alice
New User
First Name: Alice
Last Name: Tinney
Company Name: Brunswick Corp Boat Group
Phone: 336-244-1475
State / Province: Tennessee

Mouseover HTML container in Subfile

Post by Alice »

Hello... I have read through the mouseover search and did not see anything I am looking for. I am a newbee with Profound.

I have added a Wrap HTML container as a field in a subfile. The wrap html container works very well, for the exception that if the element exceeds 2 lines you cannot read the rest. My first thought was, can I auto fit the Row in the subfile display. My second thought was to mouseover and amplify the element, so the User can read the whole element or field. If anyone has done this I would greatly appreciate your input.

Thanks so much.... Alice
Glenn
Profound Logic Staff Member
First Name: Glenn
Last Name: Hopwood
Company Name: Profound Logic Software
State / Province: Ohio

Re: Mouseover HTML container in Subfile

Post by Glenn »

Alice,

I believe we answered your question via our support mailbox but I'd like to add it here for others who may come across this post.

If you are unable/unwilling to make your rows taller to fit more rows in your wrapping text widget you can make use of the 'tool tip' property of the widget to have a similar effect to what you are describing. My suggestion would be to bind the 'tool tip' property to the same variable you are binding the 'html' property of the wrapping text widget. This will allow the user to hover the mouse pointer over the widget and see all of the text.

Glenn