Internet Explorer onload won't recognize added objects

Use this board to ask questions or have discussions with other Genie users.
rmarsh
Profound User
First Name: Raymond
Last Name: Marsh
Company Name: Cracker Barrel Old Country Sto
Phone: 615-235-4215
Address 1: PO Box 787
City: Lebanon
State / Province: Tennessee
Zip / Postal Code: 37088

Internet Explorer onload won't recognize added objects

Post by rmarsh »

I have been working in Chrome so I had not run into this error but in Internet Exploder... I mean Explorer I am getting the error shown below for any objects that I have added to the screen and then try to manipulate in the onload event for the screen.

This is a huge issue as most of the users here use ie. :-/
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (24.04 KiB) Viewed 635 times
Attachments
json (4).txt
(2.09 KiB) Downloaded 508 times
Scott Klement
Experienced User
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Klement
Company Name: Profound Logic
City: Milwaukee
State / Province: Wisconsin

Re: Internet Explorer onload won't recognize added objects

Post by Scott Klement »

Ray,

Could you also send me your screen customizations file? This is located in the IFS under /www/profoundui/htdocs/profoundui/userdata/genie skins/YOUR-SKIN/screens/YOUR-SCREEN.scn

This .SCN file is what contains all of the changes you make in Genie's designer. (The JSON file only contains the original screen before the changes you make in the designer. The original screen plus your changes are combined to show what the user sees.)

Thanks!
Scott Klement
Experienced User

Post by Scott Klement »

Actually, instead of the .SCN file, can you ZIP up and send me the whole skin again? I imagine you've made several changes since you sent the last one, so that'd be better. (Plus it'll also give me the customizations you made in the other thread -- the one about concatenating fields in the subfile, so I can use it for that, too.)

Just zip up the entire /www/profoundui/htdocs/profoundui/userdata/genie skins/YOUR-SKIN folder, and e-mail it to support@profoundlogic.com

Thanks!
rmarsh
Profound User

Post by rmarsh »

Thank you Scott. I'll send it via email.
Scott Klement
Experienced User

Post by Scott Klement »

Ray.

The skin you sent over doesn't seem to have any code running in the 'onload' for this screen. Perhaps because it wasn't working, you removed the code before sending me the skin?

But, I think I might see what's happening here. The error you posted above says this: "Onpageload error: 'RadioButton1' is undefined" I didn't notice this on Friday, the the error says 'Onpageload' rather than 'Onload'. That means you put your code in the wrong place... it needs to go in the 'onload' event, NOT the 'onpageload' event.

'onpageload' runs before any customizations are loaded -- so it's normal that you'd get this error in the 'Onpageload' event. (And it should occur in all browsers, not just IE!)

So move your code to the 'onload' event, and see if it works better. If that's not the problem, you're going to have to post the code, because it wasn't in the skin you sent over.
rmarsh
Profound User

Post by rmarsh »

I must have grabbed the wrong file. The error is from the onpageload only because I moved it in an attempt to see what might happen.

This problem has occurred in every page that has an onload script referencing a user defined object, when using ie. That is ie at several different release levels so it appears to be a problem with the browser in general. As I said before I worked in Chrome the whole time so I was unaware there was even an issue until my boss tried to take a look at what I was working on... :-/

I'll send the right file along with a json and screen shot.

Thanks Scott.