Hide radio buttons if 'related field' is not displayed

Use this board to ask questions or have discussions with other Genie users.
jonAgeas
New User
First Name: jon
Last Name: ****
Company Name: Ageas Insurance Limited

Hide radio buttons if 'related field' is not displayed

Post by jonAgeas »

I have converted a Yes/No 1a field to a radio button. I have added a RadioButton widget and linked this to the first field using it's id in the related field box. This is all working fine. Field one is conditional and only displays when the answer to the previous question on screen is Yes. I now have the scenario where by my new RadioButton1 is always displaying even if it's related field is not. How can I hide this? is there a way it can be hidden since it is related to the conditional field?

I cannot see any properties on the containing <div> which I can access to control the hide.

Is the 'user defined data' property any help here? I can't seem to find any examples of what this can be used for.

As we will have this scenario on multiple screens, ideally I would want a top level js function which will hide all radio buttons if their 'related field' is not displayed.
David
Profound Logic Staff Member
First Name: David
Last Name: Russo
Company Name: Profound Logic Software

Re: Hide radio buttons if 'related field' is not displayed

Post by David »

I would consider this to be a bug, or at least an oversight in Genie's rendering process. It should hide these automatically, as there is no reason for them to display when the related field is not there.

We can work on correcting this and advise when a fix is available.
David
Profound Logic Staff Member
First Name: David
Last Name: Russo
Company Name: Profound Logic Software

Re: Hide radio buttons if 'related field' is not displayed

Post by David »

Did some investigation here and found that as well as not hiding the radio when original field not selected for display, that ND and PR on the original field were also not being handled.

I've put in a correction in development that will automatically hide/disable the radio as appropriate, based on 5250 field display, ND, and PR state.

This will go into the next release.

If you are using 4.6.1, we could supply a patch that will enable the functionality for you immediatley.

Contact me offline if you are interested in this.