Two Screen Designer Problems

Use this board to ask questions or have discussions with other Rich Displays users.
JoeWhitlock
New User
First Name: Joseph
Last Name: Harriman
Company Name: Whitlock Packaging, Inc.
Phone: 918-478-7181
Address 1: 1701 South Lee Street
City: Fort Gibson
State / Province: Oklahoma
Zip / Postal Code: 74434

Two Screen Designer Problems

Post by JoeWhitlock »

First problem I converted a DDS and my subfile display has a command screen. The conversion program created a panel on the left side of display for the command keys. Well, I didn't want that so I moved the keys to the main display and removed the panel on the left. When I try and move the main panel to the left side of screen some items are not moving. I tried selecting all, but still all did not move. How can I move my panel and the items on that panel the left in one move?

Second Problem My subfile control record has several headings that are conditioned to display based on indicators. Currently, every heading is being displayed and I can't read any of them. How can I display a select set of headings in the designer?

Thanks for any help.
Alex
Profound Logic Staff Member
First Name: Alex
Last Name: Roytman
Company Name: Profound Logic Software

Re: Two Screen Designer Problems

Post by Alex »

Hi Joe,

The panel on your converted screen is locked by default. Before you can move it, you must unlock it (right-click and select Unlock). Then you should be able to drag the mouse around the panel and all the elements inside of it to select them and to move them. After moving everything, you can again lock the panel, if desired.

Your buttons will have the "auto arrange" property set to "true". You will probably want to remove this property or set it to "false" on each button to prevent Profound UI from trying to automatically position the buttons at runtime – that way, the buttons will stay where you put them. By default, Profound UI auto arranges buttons on converted screens to prevent empty spaces where you may happen to have conditional buttons.

By the way, if this type of change is required on all of your converted screens, you could look at modifying the DDS Conversion theme globally.

For the second issue, you can set the indicators as desired for Preview Mode under the Launch Preview option. However, in Design Mode itself, all elements will be visible. If you are having a hard time selecting the right heading element, simply switch to the Elements tab and click on the heading element you want to work with.