pui.run() error

Use this board to ask questions or have discussions with other Rich Displays users.
CougarBlue
New User
First Name: Mike
Last Name: Edwards
Company Name: Dealertrack

pui.run() error

Post by CougarBlue »

I am trying to use pui.run() to call an RPG program and I am getting this error: PUI0022

Program call not allowed. The program is not allowed to run as the first call in a Profound UI session.
Recovery - Add an entry in the database for this program so that it can be used to start a Profound UI session.

What database? I added the library/program into the Launch - Maintain Anonymous Program, but still not working.
Scott Klement
Experienced User
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Klement
Company Name: Profound Logic
City: Milwaukee
State / Province: Wisconsin

Re: pui.run() error

Post by Scott Klement »

pui.run() starts an anonymous Profound UI session, so the program needs to be listed under launch / maintain anonymous programs (or you must update the corresponding database file)

You say this isn't working for you. Please check that you are spelling the library and program exactly the same, and that they are in ALL CAPS. Also, please make sure you are running the same Profound UI instance.

I often mess up and accidentally put the program in the library field and vice-versa... you'll want to be sure you don't do that. (Unless that's just me?)