invoking pui.download multiple times for items on Grid

Use this board to ask questions or have discussions with other Rich Displays users.
shamusj1
New User
First Name: Shamus
Last Name: Johnson
Company Name: Murphy Hoffman Company
Phone: 8162426221
Address 1: 4860 College Blvd
City: Overland Park
State / Province: Kansas
Zip / Postal Code: 662111

invoking pui.download multiple times for items on Grid

Post by shamusj1 »

We have a grid showing a list of .PDF documents stored on our IFS that our users would be able to retrieve,view and ultimately Print. The grid has a check box that we are using to flag which documents to retrieve. We have been successful in using the pui.download API to retrieve single documents, but when multiple documents are flagged for retrieval, only the first document is being retrieved. How would we be able to retrieve multiple documents and return them.

Attached is the .json for the screen.
Attachments
PrintDocuments.json
(13.29 KiB) Downloaded 584 times
Scott Klement
Experienced User
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Klement
Company Name: Profound Logic
City: Milwaukee
State / Province: Wisconsin

Re: invoking pui.download multiple times for items on Grid

Post by Scott Klement »

I don't see any reference to pui.download() anywhere in the display file you posted?

Each time you run pui.download() it fires off a new process that runs a download. If you use inline:true, this will open in a new window -- so in that case, you can run as many as you like, they will all run simultaneously in separate windows.

I can't tell why your current design isn't working, since I don't see any calls to pui.download() in your code. I can only assume that you forgot to provide that part of the application for me to view?
shamusj1
New User
First Name: Shamus
Last Name: Johnson
Company Name: Murphy Hoffman Company
Phone: 8162426221
Address 1: 4860 College Blvd
City: Overland Park
State / Province: Kansas
Zip / Postal Code: 662111

Re: invoking pui.download multiple times for items on Grid

Post by shamusj1 »

Upon further testing, the additional windows were being suppressed by the pop-up blocker of our web browser. Once this was disabled, all of the selected documents were being appearing in their separate windows.