Web Service

Use this board for starting discussions, asking questions, and giving advice on RPG programming for the IBM i platform (and predecessors.)
devinst
Profound User
First Name: Devin
Last Name: St. Germain
Company Name: Dupre Logistics, LLC
Phone: 337.314.2259
Address 1: 201 Energy Pkwy. Ste. 500
City: Lafayette
State / Province: Louisiana
Zip / Postal Code: 70508

Web Service

Post by devinst »

I am in need to setup a SOAP web service. I remember coming across some documents by Scott but can not find them. Could someone point me to a good document or documents that could step me through the setup and give information like how the submitted XML will be received, where it will be placed, where the RPG program would need to place the response XML.
As for the actual coding of the RPG programs to handle reading and creating XML, I got that covered. I am already using many available web services, just have not yet created one.
I know that JSON is the future of web services, and I would love some information on that also, but due to project specs I will need to use SOAP on this one.
Any information would be greatly appreciated.!!!
Thanks.!!!
Scott Klement
Experienced User
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Klement
Company Name: Profound Logic
City: Milwaukee
State / Province: Wisconsin

Re: Web Service

Post by Scott Klement »

The easiest way to set up a SOAP web service is to use IBM's Integrated Web Services (IWS) tool. This is included with the operating system. More info can be found here:
http://www.ibm.com/systems/power/software/i/iws/
devinst
Profound User
First Name: Devin
Last Name: St. Germain
Company Name: Dupre Logistics, LLC
Phone: 337.314.2259
Address 1: 201 Energy Pkwy. Ste. 500
City: Lafayette
State / Province: Louisiana
Zip / Postal Code: 70508

Re: Web Service

Post by devinst »

Thank you Scott. I was able to find your documents also and they have been a great help. I have one question though if you don't mind, is there any way to use the wizard and also get attributes from the incoming XML?

Thanks.!!