Grid auto fill

Use this board to ask questions or have discussions with other Genie users.
FoxBill
Profound User
First Name: Bill
Last Name: Streit
Company Name: Fox Metro WRD

Grid auto fill

Post by FoxBill »

I have some grids linked to a database file when page loads the grid is blank. Before the grid would auto fill with data from my file now it just shows up blank, When I type in the database file name grid properties box , I am allowed to click on database fields and select the ones I want.
I am wondering if there is something I am missing to set in properties or if it is another problem.

Like i said it was working before but no longer works. Was there anything in the revisions that could have caused this? Is there a global setting in Genie I might changed that could have caused this?
Scott Klement
Experienced User
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Klement
Company Name: Profound Logic
City: Milwaukee
State / Province: Wisconsin

Re: Grid auto fill

Post by Scott Klement »

The entire Profound UI SQL database engine was rewritten. There are some places where we know it'll require changes to customers code -- in particular, anywhere that you are filling in values through Javascript. Please see the following page for details:
http://www.profoundlogic.com/docs/displ ... L+Security

There's always a chance that there are other bugs as well. If the info on that docs page doesn't help, please post enough details for me to recreate the problem, and I'll be happy to help you further.
FoxBill
Profound User
First Name: Bill
Last Name: Streit
Company Name: Fox Metro WRD

Post by FoxBill »

I have attached a copy of the GENIE screen showing the grid properties. I am not filling in the values thru Javascript. I am just trying to Fill a grid with select fields but all values for the the file.
I am using Javascript to select a row in the grid to fill in a textbox field with the Code Number,
but not to fill the grid with values.
Attachments
this is a snapshot of my Genie screen in design Mode
this is a snapshot of my Genie screen in design Mode
Genie screen Grid.gif (126.06 KiB) Viewed 1474 times
Scott Klement
Experienced User
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Klement
Company Name: Profound Logic
City: Milwaukee
State / Province: Wisconsin

Post by Scott Klement »

Can you take a look at the SQL statement that's produced by this grid? When you are running your screen, it should be in the PUISSNVP database file in the library where you installed Profound UI (library PROFOUNDUI by default)

If that doesn't help, please create a JSON screen shot of your screen. You can do that by navigating to the screen where the grid is, and pressing Ctrl-F9. The browser will then ask you to save a file named json.txt to disk. Send this to support@profoundlogic.com (or post it here if you prefer.)