Monospace font in tablet skin subfiles

Use this board to ask questions or have discussions with other Genie users.
Wayne C.
Experienced User
First Name: Wayne
Last Name: Colasinski
Company Name: Sofworx / Tantara Transport

Monospace font in tablet skin subfiles

Post by Wayne C. »

I'm setting up a tablet skin (Skin2) to be used on the htc EVO View 4G. We have a couple of subfiles where a single 60 character field (in which 14 pieces of information are arranged) comprises a row. So when a user uses this subfile, he sees 14 columns when in reality there is only 1 60 character column.
When this subfile was first displayed in the Genie skin I created for pc's and laptops (Skin1) , the 14 "columns" did not line up vertically due to the default font. When I changed this particular subfile's text font to Monospace, everything lined up perfectly. I've tried the same thing with my Tablet skin but that hasn't worked even though I changed the text font through the designer. When I display this subfile on my pc in Firefox, the font is definitely changed and subsequently, the columns line up.
This is interesting. When I pull up Skin1 in the tablet, this subfile's columns all line up. Is there possibly a problem with the tablet skin or a change I need to make to the CSS?
Scott Klement
Experienced User
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Klement
Company Name: Profound Logic
City: Milwaukee
State / Province: Wisconsin

Re: Monospace font in tablet skin subfiles

Post by Scott Klement »

So it works in your skin (Skin1) but not in our Tablet skin? Am I understanding that correctly?

Can you post a JSON screenshot so I can try it in our Tablet skin and see what's going on? You can press Ctrl-F9 on the screen with the subfile to make it generate a JSON screenshot. The browser will ask you to download a file called json.txt -- that is the screenshot I need to reproduce your screen on my machine.

Thanks!
Scott Klement
Experienced User
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Klement
Company Name: Profound Logic
City: Milwaukee
State / Province: Wisconsin

Re: Monospace font in tablet skin subfiles

Post by Scott Klement »

Do you have "detect subfile patterns" turned on in your "Tablet" skin?