Copying a screen thru ISeries Navigator

Use this board to ask questions or have discussions with other Genie users.
Wayne C.
Experienced User
First Name: Wayne
Last Name: Colasinski
Company Name: Sofworx / Tantara Transport

Copying a screen thru ISeries Navigator

Post by Wayne C. »

Often I have to copy a single screen from my development library (PUIDEV) to my production library (PROFOUNDUI) using Navigator. For whatever reason, one particular screen I copied today appears to be in the Screens folder (in Navigator) but does not appear in the list of screens in the Genie Administrator. And because of that, that screen's modified rendering does not appear when calling the application.

I've gone thru the above process with this one particular screen 4 or 5 times today with the same results. I'm able to copy the screen and it does appear in the proper Screens folder in Navigator... it just doesn't appear in Genie Administrator. I cannot copy the entire Screens folder at this time because some screens in the development library are not completed or ready to deploy.

I've cleared files and rebooted my computer 3 times to no avail. Thanx in advance for any help.
David
Profound Logic Staff Member
First Name: David
Last Name: Russo
Company Name: Profound Logic Software

Re: Copying a screen thru ISeries Navigator

Post by David »

It's not possible to copy individual .SCN files between 2 skins' /screens directory like that. This because there is a master list file "screens.lst" in the /screens directory which must be updated to include all .SCN files.

We do have a utility that you can use to generate a "screens.lst" file. To use it, place all desired .SCN files into the target directory.

Then from a command line, add the Profound UI library to your library list and:

Code: Select all

CALL PGM(PUI0002103) PARM('/www/profoundui/htdocs/profoundui/userdata/genie skins/your skin/screens')

Just set the parameter to the directory where your .SCN files are located. It will read through them all and create a "screens.lst" file in the same directory, overwriting the existing file, if present.

It's recommended to backup the original "screens.lst" in the target directory first in case something goes wrong.