how do i log out from Automatic sign on?

Use this board to ask questions or have discussions with other Genie users.
FoxBill
Profound User
First Name: Bill
Last Name: Streit
Company Name: Fox Metro WRD

how do i log out from Automatic sign on?

Post by FoxBill »

I am doing a client side scripting to log into genie screens automatically. I can get the sign in to work. however when i try to sign off (Option 90) it signs me off and resigns me in automatically.

I am using the if Statement to determine wheter or not to pass my username and password.
I copied from the example If (location.search=='')

Is this the right qualifier in the If Statemant?

David
Profound Logic Staff Member
First Name: David
Last Name: Russo
Company Name: Profound Logic Software

Re: how do i log out from Automatic sign on?

Post by David »

What example are you referring to? It sounds like the example is out of date.

Checking "location.search" would have been a reasonable way of determining if the present screen was the first in a session in Genie version 2.x. This is because it used to work with browser page reloads and any page load except for the first would have a session id appended to the URL.

Now, if you want your script to behave differently (i.e. to close the session) on any detect of the sign on display other than the first, you can do so using a simple JS variable. Just define a JS variable in the global scope and set it to false. The first time the sign on display is detected, the script can set the variable to true. Then, it can check the state of this variable to determine whether or not it has signed you in before.