Rich UI screen and one not converted

Use this board to ask questions or have discussions with other Rich Displays users.
jac53
Experienced User
First Name: Jorge
Last Name: Cabrera
Company Name: Lennar Corp
Phone: 305-229-6400

Rich UI screen and one not converted

Post by jac53 »

I started to evaluate the software again and I would like to know if it is possible to call from a Rich UI program to one that is in green screen if you have both products Profound Ui and Genie. Will the second one be Web enabled on the fly by Genie?
Thx
David
Profound Logic Staff Member
First Name: David
Last Name: Russo
Company Name: Profound Logic Software

Re: Rich UI screen and one not converted

Post by David »

Both are fully integrated now. If you have an old version, I would recommend updating to the latest from our website before proceeding with your new evaluation.

To make this work you must start the session in Genie. Here, of course, all of your screens will run with no special action required.

If a converted or newly developed PUI rich UI program is called in the job, it will automatically come up. If this application calls back to a 5250 screen, it will switch back over to that mode automatically.

The only special requirement to make all this work is that you have the PROFOUNDUI library on the library list of the Genie session job when the rich UI programs are called.
jac53
Experienced User

Post by jac53 »

Could the initial program in the Genie session be a Rich Profound UI program?
David
Profound Logic Staff Member
First Name: David
Last Name: Russo
Company Name: Profound Logic Software

Post by David »

Yes, it certainly can. If this were the case, though, you would need to do something to ensure that the PROFOUNDUI library is on the interactive job's library list before that initial PUI program started doing display file I/O operations.

This could be accomplished in a variety of ways, such as adding it to the QSYSLIBL or QUSRLIBL system value, adding it to a JOBD that is associated with the user profiles, or by having the initial program itself add it onto the list before display file I/O is done.
jac53
Experienced User

Post by jac53 »

Thank you very much for your fast responses.