Installing New Release

Use this board to ask questions or have discussions with other Rich Displays users.
oumouna
Profound User
First Name: Seynabou
Last Name: Gueye
Company Name: Oo2

Installing New Release

Post by oumouna »

Hello,
I'm in 4.6.2 release of Profound and I want to install the 4.8.
When I run the setup, I enter the IP address of the machine, the user and password but the installation failed. I receive the error message: "Unable to find or allocate Requested resource".
So, I can not open my Profound since installation failed.
Could someone help me understand this error please?
Scott Klement
Experienced User
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Klement
Company Name: Profound Logic
City: Milwaukee
State / Province: Wisconsin

Re: Installing New Release

Post by Scott Klement »

Are you running an HA software like MIMIX or similar? What happens is the installer uploads some save files to QGPL, then it restores those save files, runs some other code, and restarts the HTTP instance for Profound UI.

Sometimes, though, when the save files are uploaded the high availability software immediately takes them and tries to replicate them to another site. Then, when the installer tries to restore them it cannot because they are locked by the HA software, so you get an error about not being able to 'allocate' them.

If you have HA software, try disabling it for the QGPL library while the installer is running.

If this is not the problem, then please contact our Tech Support at support@profoundlogic.com so they can work together with you to determine what the problem might be.
oumouna
Profound User

Post by oumouna »

Hi Scott,
The only software running on the server is "Omnifind Text Search".
I will connect with your support tech.
oumouna
Profound User

Post by oumouna »

Hi Scott,
I contacted your tech support and they give me advices. I finish to find the problem. In fact, PROFOUNDUI was already in the list of libraries and the program wanted to install it again. Thank you for your help!
gridlerre
New User
First Name: Robert
Last Name: Gridler
Company Name: UPMC

Post by gridlerre »

Based on the response for high availability, what is the best approach to get Profound n a HA LPAR with capturing updates?
Scott Klement
Experienced User

Post by Scott Klement »

gridlerre wrote:Based on the response for high availability, what is the best approach to get Profound n a HA LPAR with capturing updates?
You don't need to install it in any special way... Just install it into the LPAR like normal. Maybe I'm not understanding?
gridlerre
New User
First Name: Robert
Last Name: Gridler
Company Name: UPMC

Post by gridlerre »

After the install on HA can we use Mimix to capture the software changes?
Scott Klement
Experienced User

Post by Scott Klement »

gridlerre wrote:After the install on HA can we use Mimix to capture the software changes?
Absolutely!

Just to be clear, the problem that oumouna ran into back in 2014 (the start of this thread) had to do with the Profound UI installer. MIMIX will lock the temporary files used by the installer, causing the installation to fail, so you just temporarily disable it as described here: https://docs.profoundlogic.com/display/ ... n+Software Again, remember, these are just temporary files, so replicating them is not important to do.

For replicating a running instance, there are files that you want to replicate (such as the code, the databases that store stuff like menus, etc, IFS directories that store code, etc.) but there are also things that are specific to a given partition that you do not want to replicate.

There's a discussion of what should/shouldn't be replicated here:
https://docs.profoundlogic.com/display/ ... rofound+UI

Good luck!