Inconsistent custom SQL Grid render

Use this board to ask questions or have discussions with other Rich Displays users.
sheds02
New User
First Name: Robert
Last Name: Shedlock
Company Name: Keystone Automotive Operations
Phone: 570-655-4514 x-2688
Address 1: 44 Tunkhannock Ave
City: Exeter
State / Province: Pennsylvania
Zip / Postal Code: 18643

Inconsistent custom SQL Grid render

Post by sheds02 »

Has anyone encountered this problem recently?

When attempting to call a program which uses a custom SQL to build the grid, the grid results will not appear consistently on the first (or subsequent) request to build the grid. However, once the request to build actual returns and builds the grid, the grid will consistently build on any subsequent request. That might be after the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc. attempt to build the grid.

I have noticed recently that the rendering of custom sqls have been lagging (very slow build), along with the filtering/sorting of those columns. However, once a grid's column has been sorted once, the sorting and response time to render has been reduced and is speedier.

Please note that the sql that I am using does not use any CTE and runs successfully in the RDi SQL editor. That same exact sql also executes (eventually) within Profound, it just seem to take multiple requests to get the grid to appear. The query that is run also does not change throughout the program. (I know that by putting the program in debug and pausing right before executing the EXFMT to view the grid's custom sql statement and the query statement.) That statement always seems to run in an SQL editor, but not always when executing the EXFMT statement.

Any thoughts?
Scott Klement
Experienced User
First Name: Scott
Last Name: Klement
Company Name: Profound Logic
City: Milwaukee
State / Province: Wisconsin

Re: Inconsistent custom SQL Grid render

Post by Scott Klement »

That's very strange.

I would suggest:

1) Look in the PUISSNVP file when the screen is on the display to see what it is using for the SQL statement. Make sure it looks correct.

2) Use the browser's debugging tools to see what happens when you run it. you should see a call to a URL ending in pui00091xx (I think it's 9102 for grids, but I could be wrong... its something in the 9100 series.) Look at the request being made and the response coming back, see if anything looks wrong there.
sheds02
New User
First Name: Robert
Last Name: Shedlock
Company Name: Keystone Automotive Operations
Phone: 570-655-4514 x-2688
Address 1: 44 Tunkhannock Ave
City: Exeter
State / Province: Pennsylvania
Zip / Postal Code: 18643

Re: Inconsistent custom SQL Grid render

Post by sheds02 »

Scott, thanks for the response.

I have checked the PROFOUNDUI/PUISSNVP file and the query looks correct. I copied that sql into the RDi sql editor and it retrieves records.

Using the network tab of the browser's debugging tool and lookng at the PUI0009102 program, I was able to determine there was a issue with the alias in the sql. The file had an alias, but the fields I was selecting, even though they were unique within the query, were not aliased.

Once I fixed that, the problem was resolved. In the future, I'll have to make sure all of the selected fields contain an alias if the file has one.

Thank you for the help and pointing me in right direction with this issue.